Tell us about yourself...

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Ohiolongarm
.204 Ruger Guns: Thompson Center Venture

Re: Tell us about yourself...

Post by Ohiolongarm »

Thx,i'm still working,i'm going to study about posting pictures and share a few pictures starting with 2019.
robert w.
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger american preditor/cz527

Post by robert w. »

Welcome to this place,we shoot a lot
waynewjw
.204 Ruger Guns: Browning A-Bolt Shot Show Special

Post by waynewjw »

Doing some load research for my Browning A-Bolt 204 and this forum came up with some info. so I joined a couple of days ago. I retired a year ago and moved from Vancouver, B.C. to a small community in the interior of British Columbia. Lots of hunters and shooters living here, and the rifle/pistol range is only minutes away from the house.

Anyway, I've been reloading for about 7 or 8 years, although it only seems like a year ago that I started. Really enjoy the hobby and creating that ideal "clover leaf" load for various calibers. I'm hoping to get some great insight into the 204 caliber and get some get load data.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

Welcome aboard. You'll find a wealth of information here.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Old Keeper
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom. H-S Precision action, Lother Walther match barrel,

Post by Old Keeper »

Hi folks,
An old UK shooter here! Coming up to my 83rd!
I've been shooting all my life and was a gamekeeper for almost 20 years. I have also run a fox control business for over 50 years. I write for a couple of shooting magazines and review various items for them. In the early days, I shot, trapped and snared foxes for their skins and made a good living from it, then the antis got involved and the bottom dropped out of the fur market.
For many years my foxing rifles were usually 223 cal but last year having reviewed a couple of 204Rugers I was so impressed that I decided to get one. I have a friend who is one of this country's best gunsmiths and he produced a real beauty. It's built on an H-S Precision action, it has a Lother Walther match barrel, a MacMillan stock and I use a Quicksilver titanium moderator. The scope is a Swarovski Z6i. The rifle shoots far better than I ever will and it's turning out to be a first-rate foxing tool.
We've just started the lambing season here and the foxes are busy so I'm out most nights. I use a lot of night vision gear and am just trying out a Pulsar
F455 front mounted night vision add-on that is proving (for a front-mounted unit) very good indeed. as with all NV equipment, the IR source is critical.
I joined this site because you guys do far more practical shooting than we do over here and your knowledge pool is enormous.
Incidentally, I reload for the 204 using federal GM205m primers, 27grn IMR4198, Hornady cases and 39grn Sierra Blitzkings. They seem to work well enough.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Sounds like you have a very nice set up and area to do your shooting in. Interesting on some of your history and all. Looking forward to more and even some photo's, we do like photo's. :D And Welcome to the board. A lot of information and knowledge comes around from the various members.
And keep a eye on the spring 204 shoot challenge that Skipper puts on each year. No fee and just fun. When he posts the info later this early spring join the fun with your 204 Ruger.. Bill K :)
skipper

Post by skipper »

Welcome aboard. You've found the right spot for 204 Ruger enthusiasts.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Old Keeper: Welcome to the 204rum!

Looking forward to hearing about your foxing adventures with that new 204. And remember, we like photos, so feel free to send them on. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

kalsonghammare
.204 Ruger Guns: Thompson Center Dimension .204 Ruger

Post by kalsonghammare »

Hello!
I am live in the northern part of Sweden and I just recently bought my first .204 Ruger, a T/C Dimension. Really love the rifle and the caliber itself.

About me : Soon to be 46 years old, I own a small horse farm(I do not fancy horses though, my wife handles them way better than me)size is about 55 acres and I hunt as often as I can, which is about 2-3 days a week all year around. With the .204 I hunt mainly crows, jackdaw and magpie around a dairy farm that has a real infestation of bird all year. I do hunt some fox on my own property, thought they are not that common aruond here right now. I hope this forum will provide me with lots of interesting information about the .204, and I just started reloading this caliber. Everyone in here seem to be helpful to newbies.

Jonas
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Welcome to the group. We are all helpful with each other, in sharing information. We love photo's of areas, hunts and what some are doing. But watch your wallet, we all like too help others spend money on our hobby. :lol: Bill K :)
skipper

Post by skipper »

Hello kalsonghammare. There is a wealth of knowledge about the 204 Ruger and other calibers here. Just ask and someone will be glad to help. Oh yeah, pictures are always welcome.
kalsonghammare
.204 Ruger Guns: Thompson Center Dimension .204 Ruger

Post by kalsonghammare »

Had to remove picture because of Photobucket issue. Will upload again shortly.

This morning with the T/C Dimension. The foxes were nowhere to be found though.

Is this the right thread to post these kind of pictures? Or is it just för profile pictures?
Last edited by kalsonghammare on Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
skipper

Post by skipper »

The correct place to post hunting pictures is in the Hunting with the .204 Ruger forum. The title of each forum is the reference to use. It's not necessary to use Photobucket to post pictures. You can just upload them within your post by using the attachment feature. Please, read the post on How to Post Pictures written by Tarrin.
skipper

Post by skipper »

I should have said to make sure you use the Full Editor & Review button below to gain access to all the posting features available. You can use the Preview button to see how your post will look, before you hit the Submit button.
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

That is some nice looking area you have there. The fox and other critters will show and then you will and can add their photo's in also. As we say, we love photo;s. Bill K :)