Tell us about yourself...

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Re: Tell us about yourself...

Post by Jim White »

Well, I'm here to say; it's addicting.
K22
.204 Ruger Guns: Kimber

Post by K22 »

Whew hew!!!
Skipper was able to get me back on using the forum name I used many moons ago. It's a long story, but the abbreviated version is my email addy changed and forced me to re-register under another name. Skipper worked his magical skills and over rode all that mess and now I'm back on with my old K22 handle.
I'm a big 204 lover and currently own 2. I've had one for several years, a Kimber Montana, and recently bought another 204, a Kimber also, but a walnut varmint version. Really looking forward to working up loads for the Varmint.
I mainly use mine for Coyotes and have found that a 35gr. Berger and a 37gr. CRT is the best fur saving bullet in this caliber.
I'm looking forward to absorbing all the information I can soak up from you all.

K22
SecretCode
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 vlp .204

Post by SecretCode »

Hi Guys,
Name is Cody, I'm a Taurus, like long walks on the bea...whoops wrong forum.
Anyway my name is Cody born and raised in the great state of North Dakota, (same as SilverFox I know, just the wrong side) and Proud of it. I have been lurking here way to long. A couple years at least. It was RIO's collection of rifles and great photographs from the rat patch that probably hooked me to the forum and really helped me decide on a 204. I currently have a Savage vlp dbm in 204 and wait to go back out west with my wife's uncle and shoot some pdogs again. Have only done it once before and became addicted. Most fun you can have with your clothes on imo.

Thanks Cody
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

Welcome aboard. Be sure to post pictures of your hunts.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Yes welcome aboard. No Pd's in N.D. ? Of course could be better shooting further west and with in-laws.. And for sure, do not forget photo's, we love photos. Forgot to mention. Get into the three target, five shots each one, shown about with your 204R, it is all in fun. :D Bill K :)
SecretCode
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 vlp .204

Post by SecretCode »

Plenty of them Bill, as Silverfox has shown everyone just none on the east side. Which is where I'm from. Need to be at least to Bismark Mandan to start getting into them
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

SecretCode wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:15 pmIt was RIO's collection of rifles and great photographs from the rat patch that probably hooked me to the forum and really helped me decide on a 204.
Thanks there, Cody. Nice to know someone out there enjoys my rat patch adventures.

Welcome to the forum after lurking for so long. The "call of the 204" finally got to you, eh? :wink: We'll look forward to seeing that Savage warm up on some PD's in the near future, so don't forget to take that camera along.

Good to have you aboard! :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

MarkM.
.204 Ruger Guns: None

Post by MarkM. »

Hey Guys, I'm Mark, I live in Michigan in the thumb area, I currently own two 204's, one in a AR platform and the other us a CZ kevlar,
robert w.
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger american preditor/cz527

Post by robert w. »

Welcome ,try to post pictures .we love seeing arms
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

MarkM WELCOME ABOARD. Make yourself at home here. There's plenty of experience/knowledge about the .204 Ruger and other firearms here. Plenty of reloading information as well.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
If1hitU
.204 Ruger Guns: None

Post by If1hitU »

Hello to all members,I join a couple days ago.
:) Be true to yourself!
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

Welcome aboard! I must add that this site can be real addicting and hard on thee ole' pocket book but sure is fun.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Welcome If1hitU, I see you found your way here from the KimberTalk forum.

More gun nuts here also, you'll fit right in! :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Ohiolongarm
.204 Ruger Guns: Thompson Center Venture

Post by Ohiolongarm »

Gentlemen,i just recently joined this forum stumbled upon it by accident a week ago.I've been a hunter my entire life,mostly varmints,but deer turkey and squirrel are also hot on my list.I'm in Northeastern Ohio prime coyote country and have access to properties in other states as well.Employed as a LEO,not that it matters as that and a quarter will not get a cup of coffee at Starbucks.I've killed way more coyotes than one should have the privilege of doing so,i've mostly used a CZ 22 Hornet with great success out to 200yds. Also a fair share taken with a Tikka T1x 22,and a suppressed ruger 77/22.I found the need to stretch out my distances as some areas presented opportunity at 300 yds and beyond.For about a year i've shot a Thompson Center,Venture in 204 1/10 twist topped with a Weaver Grand Slam 5X20X50 duplex,trigger set at 1 pound 8 ounces.Anyway i'll share some pictures soon and show a few of my escapades,so far really enjoying this site.The 204 has served me well the coyotes hate it,i've had more than acceptable accuracy with all factory ammo i've used from 24 grain to 45 . THX Ohiolongarm
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Welcome too the forum. Looking forward to the photo's ( WE love photo's) and some of the stories related to them. I have two 204's and they are sweet. You must follow this site and next year get into the Five on a Dime challenge. ( See the post re: it and all, put on by Skipper, it is just a fun shoot with not entry fee and no prizes, just a good challenge with our 204's) I also am retired LE and I know there are others on site that are also LE, one way or another. My area of N.E. Commie Kalifornia is also a area that I call coyotes, year round and also do a lot of ground squirrel and rock chuck hunting, when they are up and about. So again Welcome. Bill K