Tell us about yourself...

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
204Shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77II Ultralight

Post by 204Shooter »

Harvey:

Welcome aboard! I actually love where we live. I am a country boy myself. Grew up in an area where the closest house was 300 yds away. My wife and I live in a semi rural area (well it was at one time) with big 1 acre lots. But we are surrounded by city. Some times it drives me crazy but the neighbor hood is great.

The Ogden area (Hill Air) is a great place too. But it sure is growing fast!

Enjoy the site. Hurry and get that .204 and do some shootin!

Brian
Marriage is the only sport where the trapped animal has to buy the license! ... Just kiddin honey! :hail:
204Shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77II Ultralight

Post by 204Shooter »

Michael:

You should like the rifle. It is not a true target rifle but it is a good carry rifle. I use handloads and am still trying to work up an accurate load. What I have now will usually put three within an inch, but I am trying to get something better.

A friend of mine has a .375 Ultra Mag. He loves it. We took it out and shot it the othe day. It is a BIG rifle! He has never shot it with out his Vais brake on it. I highly recommend the brake. It makes a big difference. What do you plan on hunting with it? Just about anything you want I figure!

Welcome and enjoy!

Brian
Marriage is the only sport where the trapped animal has to buy the license! ... Just kiddin honey! :hail:
Skypilotbc

Post by Skypilotbc »

Michael, Ah nee oh ha say yo :D Where in the "Land of the Morning Calm" are you stationed? I was at Camp Greaves on the DMZ in 1980--One cold darn place. You will love the .204 Ruger. Great little cartridge and some nice rifles chambered for it. I've done some pasture-poodle-pulverizing with a 7mmRem Mag myself and even blew a few into orbit with a .460 Wby :eek: Now that's almost fun (if it didn't hurt so much) :lol: The .375 RUM would fit right in there. Anyway, welcome to the board--glad to have ya here and thanks for what you are doing for our Country
Bob
Always lookin' for something to blow a hole in!
Statistics, in the main, are used by rascals to impress fools.
Bob
VHA# 64366
Skypilotbc

Post by Skypilotbc »

Michael,
It belonged to a friend I was stationed with at Ft Carson, CO. I shot it a lot more than he did, but yeah, just for kicks--big kicks 8)
Bob
Always lookin' for something to blow a hole in!
Statistics, in the main, are used by rascals to impress fools.
Bob
VHA# 64366
UTcaller
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527

Post by UTcaller »

I am new to both this forum,and to the .204 Ruger.I have had my 204 now for a couple of months,and can say it is a real dream to shoot.Great groups,little recoil and lazer trajectorys.I have only shot some factory Hornady 32 grain bullets to date.Shot a few rabbits and pd's.But my primary interest in the caliber is for coyotes.
Alittle bit about myself.I'm 38 years old married with 3 kids(boy 13,girl 11,boy 6)been calling coyotes(addiction)for 18 years and it seems to get more and more fun each year.I was very excited to find this site and am looking forward to many good diccussions.GOOD HUNTING C.O
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Hi UTC. If you're a reloader try the 39gr BK's. I doubt you'll be disappointed. The 35gr Bergers are gaining favoritism on the Predator boards for saving fur as well.
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Glen

Post by Glen »

Welcome to the board tikkahunter. I guess you've realized 1st hand what this round will do. :D You'll find some good reloading info here. Feel free to ask anything anytime.

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
ridgerunnr

Glenn

Post by ridgerunnr »

I saw youpost that your in New Philly Ohio..I grew up nto far from there. Out in the country near Stone Creek. I left there back on about 82. Grew up chansin the coondogs w/dad , fishin , trappin, shooting groundhogs for farmers. What a way to grow up! Had a nice big pond full of bass and bluegills too...man what I wouldn't give to be 10 again!
Glen

Post by Glen »

ridgerunner-- Where's home at now?? Phila has grown a bunch if you haven't been here in the last 23 years. It's all been for the better. Stone Creek hasn't changed much. They did do a heck of a job fixing up the park tho. It's real nice.

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
Ifishsum
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12FV

Post by Ifishsum »

My name is Erik, I 'm 34 and an avid hunter/shooter/reloader and fish quite a bit as well. My .204 is a Savage 12FV and I primarily use it for bunnies, ground squirrels rockchucks and coyotes (though I haven't got a shot at a 'yote as yet). I have 2 boys that love to hunt as well. I'd like to make a trip to the Dakotas for a PD shoot one of these years. It's great to see a site dedicated to us .204 shooters!
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.
Ifishsum

Post by Ifishsum »

I'd like that.
skb2706

Post by skb2706 »

New guy here second post. My son and I shoot TC carbines in .204 Ruger among other things. Both very accurate guns .......... Just got started using them back in February and spent four days shooting pds in March. We load all our own (when you can find brass) and have only worked with 32gr. bullets from Sierra and Hornady.
We have prairie property that we can use for prairie dogs and coyotes and thats our thing. Thus far we have busted three yotes and several hundred pds. with the 04.
Glen

Post by Glen »

Ifishsum-- Welcome to the board. The 204 is good for the boys. Decent recoil & very accurate. How's that Savage shoot??

skb-- Great to have you along on this 4000+fps Forum as well. What took you so long to get here?? :lol:

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
skb2706

Post by skb2706 »

glen - it takes me a while to find my way. Besides I am getting a brain cramp from loading ammo every night for the last week or so. I have to have several hundred ready to go by mid May..........guys working at Hornady are working overtime to keep up. I got their .204, .224, .243 Vmax lines backed up.
Ifishsum

Post by Ifishsum »

Thanks for the welcome Glen. My Savage shoots better than anything I've ever shot before...my best groups so far have been 0.55"@100yds (3 shots) and 0.78"@100yds (5 shots). The only complaint is that my other rifles don't have the Accutrigger....