Tell us about yourself...

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Skypilotbc

Post by Skypilotbc »

A great big WELCOME to Ty, Rick, Joe and Ted from the Skypilot :D Glad to have you all here. Double ditto Brian and Glen. Also, we LUVZ pics.
Bob
Always lookin' for something to blow a hole in!
Statistics, in the main, are used by rascals to impress fools.
Bob
VHA# 64366
SavageHunter

Post by SavageHunter »

Welcome Ted. You'll have to keep me informed as to the critter situation out in your neck of the woods. My better half is from that area and we hope to make a trip this year up that direction so she can visit and I can blast away and bond with her brothers.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

I joined this esteemed panel of dedicated 204Ruger owners/shooters 1 month ago today as Member #15. We now have 72 esteemed Members. Kinda looks like this board is as hot as the round it represents. Cool huh?? :D
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
graymist

Howdy from Florida

Post by graymist »

Graymist is my handle but I go by Andy as well. I am a retired school teacher who has had a lifelong passion for hunting varmints. Having lived in Ohio for the last 57 years I now own a winter home in Florida as well. It has been nice being able to shoot most any day during the winter. I am an avid handloader who loads for 38 different cartridges. My handloading started in 1967 loading 30 Carbine. A rare commodity in my home is a box of factory ammo which is kind of ironic in that I bought 6 boxes of factory Hornady ammo to get the brass for the 204. The 204 is my first CZ 527 and will not be my last CZ. My other passion is technology which is reflected in my creating a varmint related web site: http://www.geocities.com/graymist44

Brian you have a great web site and already the information that I have gotten from it says that those who are involved have the same bent for accurate rifles and varmint hunting. Congratulations and please keep up the fine work.
Skypilotbc

Post by Skypilotbc »

Welcome graymist :D Good to have you here, Andy. Do you load any of the small wildcat rounds? Just got a CZ 527 Varmint in .17 Rem and am thinking of another one in .17 MachIV or .17 Ackley Hornet. What subjects did you teach?

Glad your on board this ride 8)
Bob
Bob
VHA# 64366
204Shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77II Ultralight

Post by 204Shooter »

Thank you Graymist. I will take that as a huge compliment coming from someone as accomplished as yourself. I look forward to the things I will learn from you.

Brian
Marriage is the only sport where the trapped animal has to buy the license! ... Just kiddin honey! :hail:
204Shooter

Post by 204Shooter »

Welcome Larry! It is good to have you here.

If we become good enough friends, will you buy me a gun too???
Marriage is the only sport where the trapped animal has to buy the license! ... Just kiddin honey! :hail:
Skypilotbc

Post by Skypilotbc »

Welcome Larry :D Good to have another neighbor on board. Must congratulate you on your choice of brands for your .204 8) Mine is an M12FV-S that I just swapped the barrel on for a stainless, fluted Savage from Northland Supply. I think you will enjoy the Savage as they are remarkably accurate out of the box. Many good, friendly and knowledgable people on this site who will gladly help in any way we can (we can learn as well).

Thanks for what you do :wtg:

Bob
Bob
VHA# 64366
Olebassen

Greetings from Norway!

Post by Olebassen »

Since I am probably the only member from Norway I have to write a few words.

My name is Ole, I'm 30 years old in a month and work as a policeman in Nothern Norway. The city I live in is called Sortland. It's very close to Lofoten if anybody know that region. My region is Vesteraalen. I have a girlfriend. Other than guns I enjoy Soccer (been a pro in England with the team Stoke City), and i like to play poker. In the sommer I also fish for trout an salmon besides hunting.

Moustly I hunt for eating. We have a variaty of Elk, grose, hare (rabbits), red fox and those type of animals. Deer is spreading north so we will in time be able to hunt for that as well. Grose and Elk is what moust hunt for here.

In Norway you have to send in a form to the police if you want to by a gun. If you have done criminal activity or have a drinking/drug problem you will not be able to purcase a gun. This workes well and moust people will have no problems get the permit.

The Ruger importer tells me that I am the no one in Norway to order a .204 Ruger rifle. I orded a Ruger MK II ultra light some days ago and will get this in may :chin: (must be declared)

I will use me .204 to mainly hunt for grose in the mountans when a full metal jacked bullet gets avaleble. Untill then I will be using it for crows and red fox. This is varmint-hunting in my region...

I'm glad to be a member in this forum and hope to get a few tip.

Ole T :balloons:
204Shooter

Post by 204Shooter »

Welcome Ole! It is always good to hear from people around the globe and learn more about them.

Does anybody know of any FMJ bullets that Ole could use? I am not aware of any from the big manufactures but there might be some available from one of the smaller companies.

Brian
Glen

Post by Glen »

Larry & Ole-- Keep up the good work. It might not feel like you guys make a difference at times but believe me,, You do. I couldn't do what you 2 do.

Welcome to the 204Ruger Forum. I would like the CZ Varmint in 204 Uncle Larry. :D ( <<I beat you guys on this one) Check the Classifieds here. You really need to go to the thread I posted & buy that stuff. Trust & believe me when I say this. If you can't get on there right away I will buy it for you & you can re-pay me. Looking forward to your input here guys.

Ole-- What are Grose?? I think the 204 will blow up fox. Do you save the pelts? I haven't heard of a 20cal FMJ either. I split a crow in half last summer with my 204 at 245 yards. :wink:

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
Michael_WA

Post by Michael_WA »

Hello there, new to the site, my name is Michael Worth. Live in Washington St. on the Columbia river about 50 miles from the coast and about 30 miles from Mt. St. Helens. Spent alot of time on that mountain, but that is another topic. 59 yrs. old, happily married, 4 children, lots of grandchildren, retired papermaker. Have hunted and fished most of my life, been an avid varmint, predator hunter since my last year of high school, 1964. Have a passion for wildcats, sub calibers for varmint hunting.
Have traveled to several of the western states just to hunt varmints.
Currently do not own a .204 Ruger, but am working towards one I am sure. Currently do own Ruger #1 in .20x222 Rem. Mag Impv. 40* shoulder. Also a Rem. 788 in same cartridge. Also own several other .20 calibers on various cartridges. Hope this is not too much information and hope that I am welcome to participate in the forum even though I don't currently own a .204 Ruger........ Michael
Glen

Post by Glen »

Michael-- You're more than Welcome here. 20cal wise you're definitely qualified to help. We're more about the 20's but any tips & tricks are appreciated also. Hope you enjoy the Forum & are looking fotward to your input. Which 204 might it be??

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
Olebassen

Famous Grouse!

Post by Olebassen »

I might not allways write as good as I wish, but Grouse (I wrote grose) is a bird in the same sise as crows.

It's a bird who taste good and are fun to hunt. We moustly hunt it with a shotgun, but sometimes in late atum and winter you can see the bird in trees and on rocks for up to 600-700 yards. Thats when the 204 Ruger would be a nice rifle. Or so I hope. With a FMJ bullet I hope to only shoot through the grouse and then be able to keep the bird for food.

You could visit: http://www.famousgrouse.com to get a picture of the grouse.

Do you still think that the bird will be badly damage with a FMJ bullet?

I do not keep anything from the fox so for that one I will have no problem using the Vmax bullets...

Ole T
Glen

Post by Glen »

Ole-- We have grouse here as well. We also use shotguns. A FMJ would be ,,I think,, very dangerous at these velocities. 3800-400fps will send that thing a long long way after the bird. I would personally be afraid of injuring/killing someone in the next 2-3 miles or so shooting into the trees. I wouldn't tear them up too bad I don't think. Just be kinda dangerous IMO. As far as the fox go,, just blast em then. :D

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen