Greetings From the Hospital!

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Greetings From the Hospital!

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Okay you 204 Varmints, just thought I'd check in on you all while here in the hospital after surgery yesterday. I'm up to over 70 stiches now, a record for me all in one place.

I'm gone one day and see Brian posted about the Demo's already at it to register our guns. It sure didn't take long. My first order of business upon returning home is to start writing emails to all my elected representatives, and I urge you all to do the same....no procrastination, no apathy this time. We're in deep trouble if we all don't unite and get with the program. If you're not in the NRA, you're missing the first step in the fight to keep your guns, don't say "I'll do it later", as we may not get a "later" this time. Nobama has his entire cabinet stocked with all the old Clinton gun-haters, and they have a long list of atrocities to try to bestow upon us, believe me. They've waited a long time for this window of opportunity.

But right now I'm looking outside at snow capped mountains and the open juniper forests and desert below, knowing full well coyotes are running about, Skippy is getting ready to wake up in another month or so, and wishing I was out there right now with a rifle.

You guys all have a great week and weekend, go out and shoot a rifle for me. The very best to all my forum friends! :D
Last edited by Rick in Oregon on Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

204Shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77II Ultralight

Re: Greetings From the Hospital!

Post by 204Shooter »

Rick:

Thanks for letting us know what's going on. Please keep us posted on how you are doing. And above, all, rest and get feeling better soon!!!!
Marriage is the only sport where the trapped animal has to buy the license! ... Just kiddin honey! :hail:
Varmint Laser
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Model 21 Montana Varminter .204 Ruger (Laser)

Post by Varmint Laser »

Heal quickly, be done with all this surgery silliness, and get back to business!

We could be overrun by Skippy if you are not there to do your part! :wink:
Scott
Cooper Model 21 Montana Varminter in 204 Ruger (Laser)
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Get better soon RIO!!! :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Post by Hotshot »

We're gonna start callin' you the zipper. Get well soon, buddy.
Keith in Ga

Post by Keith in Ga »

Hope everything goes well, and you're out in the fields SOON.
Take care...
ImageImage
Gube
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP and BTVSS. Tikka 3 stainless & grey laminate

Post by Gube »

Hope you have a speedy recovery and healed up and ready to join up with your fellow "Raptor Feeding Society" members for some good ole skippy rat action.
Savage Vaporizer
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Rick, I sure hope you are all done with the plumbers now! We expect to have you in the fields fighting off hoards of Skippy and his pals real soon.
Hotshot, we in the E.O.R.F.S. now call our beloved leader "Zippy" :eek: :lol: (well at least as long as we can get away with it!)
;) Gary
Last edited by Captqc on Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve
.204 Ruger Guns: rem 204 lvsf

Post by steve »

rick have a speedy recovery and get out of that hospital as soon as you can .
Lenard
.204 Ruger Guns: 700 Remington

Post by Lenard »

Rick, hope you heal soon. I just might be coming thru there in March to go and hunt those early, male rats.

Lenard
Squatting Wolf
.204 Ruger Guns: '07 Savage 12 LRPV

Post by Squatting Wolf »

Rick - I hope you have a speedy recovery. I've had my share of surgeries (7) and can't even begin to tell you the number of stitches, nuts, bolts, screws and pins I've had or do have holding things together and I haven't even hit 30 yet! It no fun at all but hopefully you'll soon be back behind one of your .204 mistresses, knockin' the heck out of skippy and his friends!
It's more important where ya hit 'em, than what ya hit 'em with.
'07 Savage 12 LRPV .204 w/ Leupold VX-II 6-18 LRV reticle
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

Get well soon, we like having you around here. :D
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

Take care. I am sure you will have a nurse or two convinced about the usefullness of a 204 around the house by the time you leave! :)
LeeC

Post by LeeC »

Hey acloco, he's a sailor....he'll have the nurses convinced of something. Get out of there RIO, and after those PD's, Rats, Nobamas and all other of their ilk.

CPO USN, ret.
"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

I love you guys! Really, it's pretty neat to know so many like minded guys that would take the time to send well wishes to someone they've never met, except here on the forum. It really is like an extended family, and I really appreciate all the posts in my behalf. I only wish I could spend a few days afield with you all at one of my favorite ranches, heating up our 204 barrels together. Skippy would not approve.

Passing the time in my room here, watching DVD (guy) movies that I selected from home on my portable player, then every now and then, get a fresh pain shot, wander down the hall with the "med tree" with bags hanging off it, and arrive at the 'family room' where the 'puter is to see what you guys have been up to.

As for nurses, there are indeed two honies that classify as true "tens", but of course, much younger than me, but sure fun to have around. True eye candy. So Lee C. and acloco, sailor yes, but no convincing to do these days any more....wifey would not approve. ;)

I should get sprung on Friday if all goes well, but in the meantime, you guys keep posting adventures and 204 stuff. I never get tired of reading about my favorite subject. I'm just considering this time as getting closer to Skippy-filled alfalfa fields, and over a thousand loaded 204's at home just waiting for spring.

You can call me Zipper, Rat Force Leader, Der Obergruppenführer, or anything you want, just don't call me late for Skippy! Thanks you guys, you're the best. :!:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails