News From THe Range On LW 204 Upper

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
spacewelder
.204 Ruger Guns: Lothar Walther AR-15, CZ American 204, Rem 700 204, ETC

News From THe Range On LW 204 Upper

Post by spacewelder »

OK guys, I just came back from the range and at 150, 40 Hor. and 28 grains of varget. I put 5 shots at just under.185. Condition are as follows: 5 MPH North To South, and 59 Degrees. Tis is the same upper setup that is posted for sale on this site. It was from John at Dayton Sports. He has one more for sale and it is posted on this site! If I had the money. I will tell you that it is far more accurate than my CZ or Rem. Neither are a custom barrel. Remember this is a Black Gun and not supposed to shoot this well! I will post pics after I clean it. Not that I am pumping up John but he is a smith and does EXCELLENT work. Besides my M-24 this is the most accurate gun I have and I have a few 22's(22-250,220 swift,223,22 Hornet) I thought maybe a fluke and tried it a second time and the results were almost as good. So I thought BS and had my 15 year old take a swat at it and he put them under .375. Maybe I got lucky I don't know. This has definetly changed my mind on the accuracy of these barrels and the AR platform. Now I will have to load several dif. bullet sizes to see what happens. Maybe the shooting gods were on my side today! It could not be me as I am not that good, ever! I am also going to run it through it paces at 200, 300. and beyond to see what happens! The guys at Walther Lothar recomended John. It has been a real pleasure dealing with him.
BabaOriley
.204 Ruger Guns: Dtech AR

Re: News From THe Range On LW 204 Upper

Post by BabaOriley »

Glad to see you found a load so quick. I have over 1000 handloaded rounds through mine using 6 different powders and 7 or 8 bullets, but have seen only one group under half MOA. I spent more than double what they have that upper listed for too. Congrats! Was that clamped in a vice?
spacewelder
.204 Ruger Guns: Lothar Walther AR-15, CZ American 204, Rem 700 204, ETC

Post by spacewelder »

You are going to think I am crazy but A bi-pod and a rear bag! That is it. As I said the shooting gods were with me today cause I will probably never see it again! John knows how to make them well! I am expecting a 24" 223 shortly in the same config. I have several of the name brand customs(Krieger etc.) and am really happy with LW. I can't wait to see what it will do with some of the other bullets and loads. I am really excited to see what it will do with 50-55 grainers. I am glad I listened to the guys on here and got the 1-10 twist on this. My 1-12's do not shot like this. I just figured it would not shoot like a bolt and I keep scratching my head! I got lucky on the load. I just used some of the same ones I had loaded for my others and set them at 2.247 that was it! :eek:
paddy 09
.204 Ruger Guns: remy 700 vls

Post by paddy 09 »

Woo,that some good results off an AR :eek: .Them LW barrels really shoot.