Need Help again.

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
JDB
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP 204 w/ Konus Pro M30 8.5X32x52

Need Help again.

Post by JDB »

Went fishing with my kids two weeks ago. Limited out on some nice trout. Came home and wife was like take a few over to the neighbors. I was reluctant. But I did what a middle aged man who likes a roll in the hay every other week does....I took the fish over to the neighbors.

This is where I question my morality. Standing in his living room talking hunting and fishing he says, "do you like elk" .

I of course say yes, however I have not eaten any in years and years. 18 years actually. So he goes and gives me a large section of Elk back strap, and a 2 foot long Salami also made from elk.

I graciously accepted the return gift. Three trout for a pound of Elk back strap and a salami seems fair.
Now I need a good recipe for the back strap.

Thanks.
remy3424
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700, Tika T3, Ruger 77R MKII., Savage Pred., Rem XR100 +

Re: Need Help again.

Post by remy3424 »

Sounds like a good trade to me!! A hot grill and your favorite seasoning on a couple slices, 1 inch thick, should be a good start!!
Take a kid to the range, both of you will be glad you did. remy3424
Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

Forget the recipe for a second...

How many times did your wife say "I told you so!" when you came home with that elk meat? :mrgreen:
Mike

Post by Mike »

Now, back to the recipe...

Butterfly that back strap and soak it in Coke (the soda) overnight. The next day, pull it out of the marinade, season with your favorite steak seasoning and put crumbled Feta on one side of the back strap where you made the butterfly cut. Then close the meat back up and spiral-wrap bacon around the back strap. Toothpick the bacon in place and grill the whole thing until the bacon is crisp, rotating a quarter turn at a time over medium high heat.

Enjoy!
lanenebraska
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15 platform 204

Post by lanenebraska »

Mike wrote:Now, back to the recipe...

Butterfly that back strap and soak it in Coke (the soda) overnight. The next day, pull it out of the marinade, season with your favorite steak seasoning and put crumbled Feta on one side of the back strap where you made the butterfly cut. Then close the meat back up and spiral-wrap bacon around the back strap. Toothpick the bacon in place and grill the whole thing until the bacon is crisp, rotating a quarter turn at a time over medium high heat.

Enjoy!

I Love this forum :D
Mike

Post by Mike »

lanenebraska wrote:I Love this forum :D
Happy to share.
JDB
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP 204 w/ Konus Pro M30 8.5X32x52

Post by JDB »

Mike, Thanks, Ill give that a go.

And I wont answer the question about the I told you so thing. As part of the man code I am unable to discuss when I am wrong in dealings with the wife.
hiwayman
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger model 77

Post by hiwayman »

Well, my first thought would be to ask if he'd like to trade a fishing trip for an elk hunting trip. I'd even furnish fishing equipment for him and bring my own gun on the Elk hunt. D:-