savage model 25.

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
hiwayman
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger model 77

savage model 25.

Post by hiwayman »

Anyone shooting this model savage in .204? Likes or dislikes? I really like the looks of this model in the thumbhole stocked version but had a dealer tell me that some 25 owners are less than satisfied.I just wonder if this is true or if something just claimed because he had the model 12's in stock but not the 25's
chuckhunter
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 25 thumbhole, Savage Model 12

Re: savage model 25.

Post by chuckhunter »

I have a 25 with the thumbhole stock. I've had mine going on two years now, no problems at all and she can shoot. I was so happy with the Savage line that I bought a 12VLP last year in 204 of course and I am just as happy with it. HTH.
poppybull
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by poppybull »

I have two model 25's that are proven in the field. Have shot an outrages amount of Prairie Dogs with them. Both like the Hornady factory 32 grain and 40 grain equally. Going on a trip this weekend with buddies from Arkansas. They are shooting CZ,s, Coopers and Kimbers. Will let you know if my Savages hold their own.
assailant
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 25 .204Ruger

Post by assailant »

yeah ive got a model25... i dont have any particularly great dislikes about it...

i would like to buy another magazine for it though, when the foxes and roos are about, 4+1 just isnt always enough.

anyone know where i might find one? seem to be rare as hensteeth