OT shotty question.

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
kenbrofox
.204 Ruger Guns: remington vls 204

OT shotty question.

Post by kenbrofox »

:doh: Very very OT, but, can anybody tell me how to get the barrel off of a S& Wesson 916A shotgun. I know i shouldn't own one, but i do. :doh: :doh: The cap that screws into the end of the magazine tube only came off after a good dose of very hot air heating.When i got it loose it was obvious someone had put something on the threads to lock them. After the cap came off the barrel still won't move. It almost looks like the barrel is not ment to be removed. Any ideas please. Thanks,Ken. :wall:
' Pay it forward buddy '
204Shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77II Ultralight

Re: OT shotty question.

Post by 204Shooter »

I just did a little search on the web to see if I could find more info and this is what I found. The 916T models had removable barrels, the "T" stands for "take down". The 916 and the 916A shotguns had fixed or permanent barrels. You might want to verify but from what I have seen, this is the case.
Marriage is the only sport where the trapped animal has to buy the license! ... Just kiddin honey! :hail:
kenbrofox
.204 Ruger Guns: remington vls 204

Re: OT shotty question.

Post by kenbrofox »

204shooter,
When i got the cap out of the mag tube and saw it was a smaller diameter than the ring on the barrel (meaning the barrel ring could pass over the retaining cap) i thought the it looked dodgy. I did look on the 'net before posting, but found nothing, obviously didn't look hard enough. I've never heard of a pump gun that wouldn't take down before this. Many thanks for taking the timeto help me. Regards,Ken.
' Pay it forward buddy '