Bunch of guys from Oregon on here.

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Trent
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS Varminter

Bunch of guys from Oregon on here.

Post by Trent »

What is up with all the Oregonians on this website? Seems like a bunch anyway.

I'm born and raised in Lebanon OR, but live in Colorado now (just outside Boulder... north of Denver).
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Re: Bunch of guys from Oregon on here.

Post by Captqc »

Well it's because there is no better place on earth to live than Oregon (dispite the political climate). And because Oregon is the best place on earth to live it's defacto also the best place on earth to shoot our beloved .204's. :D Gary
Trent

Post by Trent »

Captqc wrote:Well it's because there is no better place on earth to live than Oregon (dispite the political climate). And because Oregon is the best place on earth to live it's defacto also the best place on earth to shoot our beloved .204's. :D Gary
And the rain. :eew:
Joe O
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV,Ruger K1V,G2 Contender

Post by Joe O »

Makes you wonder,just how great Oregon would be,if all the politicians were hunters and shooters. VOTE,VOTE,VOTE
my204custom
.204 Ruger Guns: Pac-Nor 204 custom

Post by my204custom »

i am from Oregon living in Northern cali---my dad still lives in Oregon-- its nice cause Pac Nor is not too far from my dad lil over 1 hour 45 mins away then u have Darrel holland is like just a lil bit over an hour away--- i went to Pac Nor an saw there operation there it is really nice to see how they make barrels there---
Trent

Post by Trent »

The Pacific Northwest is definitely home to some great companies. Like Leupold, Danner, Nosler ... etc.
Malazan
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper .204

Post by Malazan »

I grew up in OR, lived in DALLAS, OR

I live in Craig, CO now

Live Hard

"When the Government fears the People there is Liberty, When the People fear the Government, there is Tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson
chris_32212
.204 Ruger Guns: none currently

Post by chris_32212 »

I am new to the site and checking out some threads. Thought I would give shout out. I was born in Portland Oregon and raised right across the river in Washington. Oregon is way better than Washington. lol. New to riffles and don't have a .204 yet but its only a matter of time.

Chris
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

chris_32212 wrote: Oregon is way better than Washington. lol.

Chris
Compared to what? :chin: Both sides of the Columbia River are constantly complaining how broke they are and their scheming ways of how to get more money out of our pockets. One thing Washington offers over Oregon, IMO opinion is better boating if you're in the Puget Sound area. Oregon, IMO has better river rafting from my POV. Politial pictures aside, both states kinda mirror each other and are great places to call home, as are others. :)

Jim
chris_32212
.204 Ruger Guns: none currently

Post by chris_32212 »

Not sure how to answer why I like Oregon better. Just a personal preference. But you are correct, I have been boating on the Puget sound and it is a boater's paradise up there. And you are right, both states are pretty comperable and I love them both.

Chris
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

ORYGUN? It's just a great place to live. Even if it didn't have mule and whitetail deer, antelope, elk, birds and plenty of varmints, it's NOT Kalifornia, and the high desert of the east side lacks all the rain that the west side gets. (Most of the dumba$$ liberals are over there too.)

Besides, if a guy has some small caliber rifles, there's a character here that always needs thinning and gives us plenty of springtime action........our little buddy Skippy! Good thing most of his buddies are not as well armed though. ;)

I'd still be in B.C. if the silly gun laws weren't so draconian, so in the meantime, Orygun is the place for me! :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

majcl5

Post by majcl5 »

41 year Oregonian love the state for varmints i think the big game lacks from other states but we get salmon , sturgeon,,trout, Muleys, Blacktail, whitetail , Rosys and rocky mt elk, ocean, rivers, mts. desert, And The DUCKS GO DUCKS!!!!! DOWN W/ AUBURN
May Your Barrels Be Hot & Your Smiles Plentiful
Rem 700 VLSS .204