iphone ballistics apps

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Big_Bullseye
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1 Varmint Stainless - Custom Noveske AR15 .204

iphone ballistics apps

Post by Big_Bullseye »

Just switched from a blackberry to an iPhone and I was curious if there were any good ballistics apps out there.

let me know and thank you.
Doveryai no Proveryai
mec1
.204 Ruger Guns: AR15

Re: iphone ballistics apps

Post by mec1 »

Winchester has a free app for their factory loads. For handloads, I use an app called iStrelok, that is pretty good and can save up to three loads at a time. It works well for being free, but if you want to pay a little, the app called "Ballistic" is very good and only $10. I dont have it, but my friend does and it's pretty impressive.

If anybody else has some good ones, please chime in. I'm always on the lookout for better apps.
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

I have ballistic cal for android devices version 1.4. Seams to work ok. It was a free down load. It is single load application. doesn't let you compare multiple loads.
FYI
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
Song Dog
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 10, 12, & 16

Post by Song Dog »

A friend of mine has one on his iphone. It seem good.
PREDATOR DYNAMICS (facebook)
Foxpro Western Dealer Rep.
God's Country Camouflage-Fieldstaff
"A man with an experience has volumes more than a man with a theory"
Trent
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS Varminter

Post by Trent »

I was using "Let Fly Deluxe" and I absolutely loved it, but recently they made a change to the library of cartridges and it makes it tough to sort through. It is a pretty awesome program once you sort it out though. You can save rifle profiles which is nice since you can build one to your particular rifle.

Some neat features it has (aside from a standard ballistics calc):

1) Can take a photo with your iPhone camera and the built in accelerometer will develop the angle that you are shooting based on the angle of the phone in your hands. You obviously have to point the camera from where you are and aim it up or down at the target and the phone can tell the angle you are aiming. Pretty neat. Then the ballistics program will compensate for the angle.

2) The program can grab a weather report from the nearest weather station and change the "dope" based on elevation, humidity, temperature and barometer. Freaking awesome.

3) Has a pretty user friendly crosswind calculator and lets you dial in wind speed and direction.

I am really hoping they switch back to the old library of cartridges though. I had it all figured out and now have to relearn it.
Trent
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS Varminter

Post by Trent »

I'm considering giving this a try. A friend of a friend developed it. Looks nice. Seems to do all the stuff that I like about the "Let Fly Deluxe" program but is a little cleaner.

http://www.isnipe.ca/
dan97526
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper M21, Cooper 38 20VT, CZ 17H

iphone ballistics apps

Post by dan97526 »

Apologies for the necropost but I have some recent experience in this department, and it might be some help. I recently tried about a half-dozen iPhone ballistics apps and I found Nosler Ballistics to be the best.

It allows entry of BC, bullet weight and length, velocity, sight height, zero range, windspeed and deflection, atmospheric conditions, etc. It returns a chart of bullet drop and drift at user-specified distances and intervals. You can also save favorites and notes.

And it's free!

Hope this helps,

Dan
247sniper
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom .204 Ruger !

Post by 247sniper »

Without dout IMO the best and most accurate two for the iPhone and the ones I use are Ballistic FTE and iSnipe.

Excellent performers and very accurate.

Steve.
Big_Bullseye
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1 Varmint Stainless - Custom Noveske AR15 .204

Post by Big_Bullseye »

Thanks for all of the replies. I had forgotten about this post from last summer. To update you all I went with ballistic FTE and it is very complete for my shooting needs. I shoot a bit of long range for fun with a 308 and 338 Lapua and the first outing with the 338 this spring yielded great results. I'll try to dig up some range pics......
Doveryai no Proveryai
pbeaudet
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 110 Varmint

Post by pbeaudet »

I have been using Nikon's free SpotOn ballistics program. It works well with non-Nikon scopes. It is perfect for Nikon's BDC reticle. :D Give it a try. It can be found at the iTunes Store.

There is also a $4.99 version for iPad.

Philip
Mauser M98 243 AI / Ruger M77 .243 AI / Ruger 77/22 .22 K-Hornet / Savage 93 FVSS 17 HMR / TC Contender with a Bullberry .223 / Savage 110 Varmint .204 Ruger / CZ457 17HMR Lilja barrel
ZenArchery
.204 Ruger Guns: Bushmaster .204

Post by ZenArchery »

I bought I-Snipe Years ago when it was like 5.00
They continually update the software adding new calibers.
I will attest to its efficiency and accuracy.
The only thing that is not 100% accurate is the weather app. It uses the most local weather tower but that may be a few miles away.
TC Encore204
.204 Ruger Guns: Encore

iphone ballistics apps

Post by TC Encore204 »

I use let if fly and it jives with the numbers my dad uses from Bergers calculator online. I wish it would let you type in the numbers instead of the sliders though. Otherwise I love it.
247sniper
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom .204 Ruger !

Post by 247sniper »

:D Also have a look at iStrelok, thats another good one
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

istrelok is nice if you're using hold over reticles