Hello, new guy here.

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
247sniper
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom .204 Ruger !

Hello, new guy here.

Post by 247sniper »

Hi guys, my name is Steve and I am new to this forum. I live in the Isle of Man and have been a very keen shooter for most of my 29 yr old life. I have shot air rilfes, shotguns, .22 Lr, 17.hmr and have got a .22 Hornet. I am about to recive my new Cooper Phenix in .204 Ruger this week !! Cant wait !! Up until now .22 hornet has been the largest/powerfullest rifle the police would allow us, but with the support of BASC, i took the police to court over there rules that they were making up! and guess what guys .......I won, so will be the first on the Island to get a .204 Ruger !!!

Well thats all for now guys and I look forward to speaking to some of you guys on here, also any advise on reloading etc and Cooper .204 Rugers would be great.

ATB guys

Steve. :D
spongejo
.204 Ruger Guns: howa1500

Re: Hello, new guy here.

Post by spongejo »

hi mate im from the uk, i have a howa 1500, there a great bunch on here mate and thanks to them they have saved me many hours messing around, if its coopers think you better talk to rick in orgeon and futuretrades and there mate 10x
ollie :D
Sidewinderwa
.204 Ruger Guns: Savages

Post by Sidewinderwa »

Welcome 247sniper! Great bunch of people here that will get you going on your new 204 and a Cooper at that. Better hide your wallet now, we like to help others to spend their money on new toys! :party1:

Oh an important part of being a member is posting pictures, we like to see PICTURES, especially of different areas. What critters can you hunt in your neck of the woods?
Please, no Sidewinder today!
247sniper
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom .204 Ruger !

Post by 247sniper »

Hiya guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas ;)

Yes hopefully You guys in the know can give us a few tips on my new cooper in .204 R ! :yeah:

Yes, in the ISle of Man we are a bit restricted on things to shoot if you like. We have an infestation of rabbits, brown hare, and mountain hare, so as many as these as you can/want ! :D We have endless amounts of crows, blacked back gulls, mag-pies. We have no fox or deer :( But we do have plentyful game birds, pheasant, duck ,partridge, woodcock, snipe, grouse :)

Yes so im looking forward to vapourising some vermin pretty soon :lol:

Thanks again for the welcome again fellas

Steve.
GTOHunter
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by GTOHunter »

Welcome to .204Ruger 247Sniper,glad to see You won your rights to own a .204Ruger. :D :D ;)

Thats a shame that You can only go up as high as that Caliber...I think my smallest Caliber Rifle is the .22 Marlin I have,then the .204 CZ-USA...a .243 Browning A-Bolt Hunter Rifle,then on up to a Savage 7mm-08,Remington 30-06 and another Browning .270 WSM Bolt-action Rifle...not to count my 20 gauge shot gun!I was thinking about getting a .22 Hornet or a Savage Edge/Axis in a .223 bolt-action also? :chin: :wink:

Are You allowed Compound Bows over there? :huh: :duh:
GaCop103
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 110 in 204

Post by GaCop103 »

A warm welcome from Georgia. I was stationed in the UK back in the early 80s at RAF Greenham Common. Sadly, I never made it to the Isle of Man but wish I had. Good to hear you won your fight with the government. You'll really enjoy shooting the 204R, a very accurate cartridge and it will do the job on the "targets" you have available.

Tom
Joe O
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV,Ruger K1V,G2 Contender

Post by Joe O »

Steve
Welcome to the forum,and great job on winning your case to allow the 204ruger.You won't want for anything bigger based on what you have to shoot.
Search the site for all the load data you could want.Many powder/bullt combinations,work well in the 204.Isle of Mann.My kind of place,birds and varmints.
I suppose the entire island is celebrating the Green jersy from le tour.
Jump in with your pictures.
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Steve Welcome! You are going to LOVE your Cooper!!! They shoot like a laser! Here's a pic of mine before I put my Leupold scope on it.
Image By the way we love pictures around here so don't forget to take your camera along and post, post, post. Gary