Weaver Super Slam Scopes for my CZ

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Big_Bullseye
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1 Varmint Stainless - Custom Noveske AR15 .204

Weaver Super Slam Scopes for my CZ

Post by Big_Bullseye »

I am looking for a mid range scope to put on my 527 varmint 204. All y other 204's have Leupold's and Zeiss and I really don't want to drop a grand n glass right now.

I found this on Natchez

$1100+ msrp for $409. It is the only one in that magnification that is discounted so much.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm...rodID=WE800352

I really didn't want a 50mm objective but this seems like a great price. Now I have heard the discontinued Nitrex 2's are the same but after reading the specs I do not agree based on the SS being 5X magnification.

Will this scope fit on my 527 varmint with the factory CZ rings given that 50mm objective? I am already in process of getting a bolt handle from Calhoon.

thanks for the info in advance.
Doveryai no Proveryai
RowdyYates
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington LVSF, Cooper M21V, C-Z 527 Kevlar V

Re: Weaver Super Slam Scopes for my CZ

Post by RowdyYates »

Good choice on that Weaver; only issue (to me) would be the weight. With that Calhoon bolt and the relatively-high stock rings, in my exp. with C-Z 527s that combo should work. You might check over @ www.rimfirecentral.com (scopes section); those Natchez Super Slam closeouts - esp. in mid-powers - are quite popular with those guys. Warning: hope those scopes aren't "sold out" if you decide to order.
cracker

Post by cracker »

I am afraid that the rings may not work. I would be giving CZ a call and ask them. If my old foggy memory serves me right the varminter does not come with rings only the American does. If you are buying rings fron CZ I would ask them if a 50mm bell will work and if not can you return them.
Good luck and hope your CZ turns into the shooter mine did
Cracker
Sportingly
cracker
Big_Bullseye
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1 Varmint Stainless - Custom Noveske AR15 .204

Post by Big_Bullseye »

I bought two VX2's today, 6-18X40 LRV reticles.

These scopes should work fine.... Oh - i bought two because I just made a deal on a NIB CZ527 Varmint in 17 Remington. So I'll have two CZ twins in a week or so.
Doveryai no Proveryai
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

FWIW...I've had several 50mm scopes on my 527 and never had a problem with the front end clearing the barrel using CZ rings. For the breech end of the scope, I had to send my bolt handle to CZ and have it modified.

HTH
jrwoitalla
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint

Post by jrwoitalla »

FWIW-my CZ 527 Varmint in 204 Ruger wears a Weaver 6-20x40OA Grand Slam with a fine dot/cross hair. It is my second favorite scope. It is very clear, holds a zero forever, and is an all around terrific performing scope. I shoot sub half inch groups at 200yds with that set up consistently and can see the 20cal holes clearly(I have three of these scopes because I like them so much). I also own the Nitrex 2 in the same power range with the 50mm objective and it sits on my Tikka 223 Master Continental. It is my favorite scope...paid $199 and don't mind the weight because I like a heavy varmint gun as it helps me keep my sight picture. The upshot, IMHO, both are admirable, high quality, for the money pieces of glass.
I can post pics of the guns if you like.
The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason- Benjamin Franklin