Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
FNQAUS204
.204 Ruger Guns: Looking at a Savage

Re: Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

Post by FNQAUS204 »

Most of their laws are stuffed now anyway with their patriot act. They can do anything they like if they are suspected "terrorists"
ozfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by ozfox »

bit cooler today need a drop of rain to settle the dust to go spotlighting
sharps45-120
.204 Ruger Guns: Kimber 84M .204 Ruger

Post by sharps45-120 »

G'day fellow shooters. I'm not from Downunder but enjoyed your post, even when they are a little old. I shoot a 204 Ruger in a Model 84M Kimber. I found it loves 35grHP Bergers, shoots under 1/4 inch groups at 100 yards. I also shoot a 17 Remington. I have shot it for 30+ years. I dropped an American Bison with a Berger 25grHP Moly coated bullet from my Remington 700BDL in 17Rem. I put it down instantly with a shot about 3 inches behind its right ear and about 3 inches lower. It dropped like its legs had been cut off. The 17 Remington has tremendous shock power. Just information for those looking at 17Remingtons. No recoil either on the 17Rem. I would not part with either of these rifles, love em both. Great shooting. I enjoyed your post, don't stop now.
ozfox

Post by ozfox »

A good placed shot will do the job time and time again you can shoot a roo at 100yds with a 300 in the chest and it run, and you can drop them on the spot with a .22 between the eye and ear every time
sharps45-120
.204 Ruger Guns: Kimber 84M .204 Ruger

Post by sharps45-120 »

Having had several 223's and 222 Rem's, etc. I am sure you will fall in love with the 204 Ruger as I have. I also have a 17 Remington I have shot for 30
+ years and love it as well. Good shooting, awaiting hearing your comparison results....
trevort
.204 Ruger Guns: stiller predator, lilja no 5 1 in 12

Post by trevort »

well I feel like a newbie since I havent been on here for ages. i learned to load ammo on this site and the 204 started the accuracy bug that caused my credit card to melt! I even invented my own 20cal (well sort of) as the 204 made my 223 completely redundant (just back to an earlier post, on my only SA trip the 223 wiped 3 dingoes emphatically) and it had to rebarreled and customised.
From Melbourne
my 204 is a stiller predator in an A5 stock with a no 9 kreiger and rifle basix trigger. 10 twist so the 40 gn vmax can bughole.

I am so small cal afflicted look what I did to my 17 mach4
ozfox

Post by ozfox »

Nice looking rifle
NSWVarminter
.204 Ruger Guns: Winchester .243

Post by NSWVarminter »

Oi, Oi, Oi. Another one of your countrymen has joined the forum.
ozfox

Post by ozfox »

Nth Est Sth West NSW
Hunting ?
Town or country
NSWVarminter
.204 Ruger Guns: Winchester .243

Post by NSWVarminter »

ozfox wrote:Nth Est Sth West NSW
Hunting ?
Town or country
Hey Ozfox, Based in Sydney at the moment. Hunting across the Central tablelands (Mudgee, Bathurst) and Coolah in Northern NSW.
ozfox

Post by ozfox »

Just a couple for this year

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

340 yrds

ozfox

Post by ozfox »

Whats happening in this great land i had been getting a few foxs on my morning drives started lambing lost more lambs to wedges than foxs Getting ground ready to put wheat in and have seen one fox every night. We where lucky lasy thursday we missed the tornados than hit Mul, Shep, and V/Town it looks like a picture from the states houses flattend trees ripped out caravans flipped on there side. Be sides that all is well in my part of the world and the cooper is still smacking them.
boomer84
.204 Ruger Guns: remington 700 sps varmint

Post by boomer84 »

G'day guys,

I've been missing this forum and the mates, the stories and info! I've been out of range for a few months so welcome to the new guys in this post :D . good to see us in great numbers enjoying this fine caliber and a hate for ferals!

So my McMillan stock has arrived and now fitted to my rifle and man is it a beastie now and even better shooter to boot. :D . Not too surprised really as the SPS stock is a real POS! Hollow and flimsy and made on the cheap. But that is why I bought this REM 700 so I make it a custom me rifle for the same price of a custom some one else rifle! Also loving the extra junk in her trunk which brings the balance point back to dead centre of the rifle

BEFORE factory SPS varmint that I had removed 3in from the 26 in barrel.

After her makeover!

Loving the colour and the lines!

This photo she nearly camouflages with the table cloth.

Her first blood in her new pajamas!

Shot of the bipod. Called him in to 150yds then decked him with a 32 grain nosler varmoggedon with AR2206h behind it.

Next upgrade will be a jewell trigger and contemplating converting to a detachable mag but still undecided. :chin:

So looking forward to spending many hot fun filled nights with her and a spotlight too of course! :lol:

Boomer out.
broper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 sps

Post by broper »

Hey Boomer 84,
Nice looking rifle and good shooting on the foxes. What do you think of that 32 gr. Varmageddon? I have a Rem. 700, VLS and that's the most accurate bullet I've shot in it. Using BLC(2) powder, Rem. 7 1/2 primers, I shot a .169" group with it. We have a few foxes here but not like you do over there, I've yet to shoot one. Keep up the good shooting. It's always interesting to hear about the varmint shooting "down under".
Bob
boomer84
.204 Ruger Guns: remington 700 sps varmint

Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

Post by boomer84 »

From what I have seen so far, I likey! I haven't put a lot of serious work in to them yet but they show a lot promise but they are just my fun rounds at the moment as I like to run with the 39s then 40s. But I like to change up for the little critters when the others are running low till stocks build up again! But still these are running a MOFS ( minute of fox skull ) so that keeps me happy! For NOW!!!! Ha ha ha

Boomer