First 204 (wee bit different -suppressor)

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
geoff23
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger hb target vt1

First 204 (wee bit different -suppressor)

Post by geoff23 »

Hi all! This is my first post ,so here we go!
Just like to share some pics of my new ruger v/t 204, which is very new to me as I have only shot it a handful of times now!. Before the 204 I had a 223 , The 204 really seem to have it all over the 223 in the varmint field!
As soon as I purchased the 204 I had the barrel shorten to 21 inch's to accommodate a custom full barrel s/s suppressor
which goes wright back to the action. o/a length in total 26inch. noise sign ah is now about the same as a 22lr rimfire with a whoosh sound which is kind a neat. Also not that the 204 has any recoil, but this now about equal to that of a pea shooter! . all impact shots can be seen on 20 power. I was luck enough that my third batch of reloads I put together produce just over 1/4 inch groups. 28gr benchmark under a 32gr vmax
here are 3 pics hopefully, the first two are my 204 waiting for the suppressor to be powder coated to match the ruger action, The last is a ruger vt in 223 finish.
regards Geoff
[imgImage][/img
[imImageg][/img]
[imImageg][/img]
[imImage
[imIMG]http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa25 ... ure352.jpg[/IMG]g][/img]
Bodei
.204 Ruger Guns: Howa Mod 1500 24" BBL .204R; Cooper M21 20 VT; CZ 527 17HH

Re: First 204 (wee bit different -suppressor)

Post by Bodei »

Wow, nice!
K = ½mv2
tx204
.204 Ruger Guns: AR15

Post by tx204 »

very sexy!
Sth Oz Dan
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Hawkeye

Post by Sth Oz Dan »

I NEED one of them :wink:
Guy M

Post by Guy M »

That's pretty neat... quiet 1/4" groups w/no recoil.

Very cool. :yeah:
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Post by Silverfox »

Both of those rifles are neat looking rigs!!! Thanks for posting the pics and information.

Since the suppressor is the same length as the barrel, how much weight did that add to your rifle? Does the suppressor get hot? Your scope objective looks like it is real close to touching the suppressor. Does that cause any problems?
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
geoff23
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger hb target vt1

Post by geoff23 »

Hi there Silverfox , not really sure about the weight as the stock HB start out at 26inch, I had 4 inchs cut off to bring the rifle back up to 26 with the suppressor screwed on. suppressor probably weighs just under a kg. 4inchs off cut barrel plus a fare bit of timber removed from under the barrel. maybe a extra 1/2 kg heavy than the stock v/t rifle
Your wright the suppressor can get hot, But if you keep your shots down to a min apart, seems to stay cool!
Objective is so close , but I can just squeeze a credit card between. Have to say the best part is not having to wear hearing protection plus it surprising how load the hydraulic shock is when a vmax connects. Have no blast to hide it!
The team that worked on the rifle for me go by the name MAE Suppressors http://www.mae.co.nz look them up. lots of interesting article and pics of there work. over here in New Zealand were lucky as suppressor don't poss a problem with the law. No need for a permit etc, almost 1out 10 rifles has a suppressor. Get more and more popular all the time.
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Post by Silverfox »

geoff23--Thanks for the reply! I checked into those over the barrel moderators before I ordered an "end of the barrel" moderator for my rifles. I didn't do a very extensive search, but I didn't find any company manufacturing these over the barrel moderators here in the states. I ordered my moderator permit the first week of January and it takes about 150 working days for the permit to be approved. That puts the date I get the permit to own a moderator way out into August, maybe even later. Oh well, that should give me some time to see how the moderator affects my point of impact and adjust my loads if necessary and still shoot some prairie dogs with it and then have it ready for coyotes in the fall.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
Gmetme
.204 Ruger Guns: Kimber .204 Ruger

Post by Gmetme »

To add to this post, I have a suppressor from the same manufacturer as geoff23. Difference being mine is the end barrel type. Made of stainless, screws on the end of the barrel. Barrel is standard length but was threaded about 3/4 inch when I had it fitted. At the same time I had the rifle "accurized" to hopefully get the best out of it. Doesn't shoot 32's - they're all over the show - about 1.5 -2 " . 34 gr Wins are quite good, 40 v-max not so good, 45gr v-max not tooo bad, Federal 39grSBKs 3/4" consistantly. (All at 100yds.) Don't know why I should reload (just beginning) when factory 39s shoot like they do. (Yes, I do know why :D )
Rifle is a Kimber 84M Varmint. I may have posted this pic. on here some time ago.
Turkeys where I live, need to be culled now and then, and are often looked on as pests.
Cheers.Image