Texas Bird Hunting Begins Soon

Talk about hunting birds.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Texas Bird Hunting Begins Soon

Post by skipper »

Texas Dove and Teal Season kicks off next month. I am an avid duck hunter and I can hardly wait for the 2017 bird season to begin. If you're like me you will probably be at the sporting goods store in the morning standing in line for that new Combination Hunting and Fishing License.
Attachments
IMG_0768.jpg
IMG_0768.jpg (2.94 MiB) Viewed 9649 times
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
skipper

Re: Texas Bird Hunting Begins Soon

Post by skipper »

Went dove hunting yesterday but only killed one bird that flew into the front of the truck on the way to the field. Go figure :roll: At least I got to take my son in law and his dog Bear.

IMG_0788.JPG
IMG_0788.JPG (3.49 MiB) Viewed 9634 times
skipper

Post by skipper »

Going teal hunting this Saturday. Big decisions. Do I take my Browning Cynergy Over-Under which swings like a dream or my Browning Maxus with an extra shot. Should I shoot Black Cloud at 1450 fps or Hypersonic at 1700 fps? Decisions, Decisions. I hope all goes well like last year. Well, with the exception of the snake that swam into our blind.
2016 Teal Season Opener.jpeg
2016 Teal Season Opener.jpeg (2.95 MiB) Viewed 9615 times
skipper

Post by skipper »

We nailed 'em!! Got set up well before LST and just waited till exactly 30 minutes before sunrise. We all limited out in about 2 hours. Mostly blue wing teal this early in the season. Game warden waded all the way out to where we were to check us just about the time we shot our last bird. We were right out in the middle of a flooded field in some high grass. I'm sure she appreciated the long walk in the knee deep soft bottom field, pulling her waders right off her feet every step of the way. :lol: Anyhow, we gave her a ride back to shore on the four wheeler. All in all, it was a great Texas opener thanks to our guide Mark Hudman. I would highly recommend him to anyone. He really knows where the ducks are. I ended up taking the Maxus but I only used the third shot one time. Oh well, Ill take the Cynergy next trip.

2017 Teal Season.jpg
2017 Teal Season.jpg (3.17 MiB) Viewed 9597 times