two buffleheads

Talk about hunting birds.
talleywacker
.204 Ruger Guns: none

two buffleheads

Post by talleywacker »

So John and I decided to take Cole out duck hunting this after noon we had a south east wind so we decided to go to the oleander blind. It was slow and we where starting to wonder if we put out all 350 plus decoys for no reason :huh: . I was sitting at the north end of the blind with the door right in front of me most of the decoys being to my right John, Cole and, Scott a guy from work where to my left with the rest of the decoys to there left. I caught a group of Buffleheads out of the corner of my eye off to my right I think there where either 4 or 5 not sure I do know all where drakes I didn’t have much time I stood up turned bam got one on the first shot bam got another one on the second shot as I tried to get lined up for number 3 I stepped to far out and fell right out of the blind the hole time I was falling all I could think about was my gun holding it up as not to hit it on anything or drop it into the water some how I was able to keep my gun safe and not fill up my waders with water. After I hit the water I looked up into the blind to see every one rolling on the floor laughing at me. It was funny now that I think about it they where just mad I shoot all the birds we ended up with 4 redheads 2 bufflehead drakes and one big bruise on my right leg.

"I don't fear Death, I fear missing out on Life"
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Re: two buffleheads

Post by skipper »

Congratulations, Justin. I can see the iridescent purple and green on the bigger one. I guess the ole Pattern Master came in handy after all. You're going to go broke having all those birds stuffed. Just give them to me and I'll take that expense off your hands.

Did Cole get to shoot a duck? (my grandson) I bet he called those in for ya'.

Oh yeah, what's up with the sideways pictures? I guess you're just trying to give us the perspective you saw from during the fall. :lol: :lol:
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Super 91

Post by Super 91 »

Buffleheads, also known as quail on water. I have a few drakes on the wall myself. Fun to shoot. Looks like you have a great spread! I have yet to get out this year. Been too crazy for me here. But I love it! Looks like you guys sure had fun.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Congratulations TW!! :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
skipper

Post by skipper »

Duck hunting sure is a lot of fun. You get to shoot boxes and boxes of shells at moving targets. You can eat and drink without worrying about the ducks catching your scent. You can even make all the noise you want with duck calls. You can talk to your buddies and itch where it scratches. If it weren't for the cold and wet part, it would be the perfect form of hunting. I don't mind being cold or wet but, I do mind being cold AND wet.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Thats what I like about crow hunting!! :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
talleywacker
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by talleywacker »

hey pepaw
don’t you mean scratch where it itches
"I don't fear Death, I fear missing out on Life"
skipper

Post by skipper »

talleywacker

So how did you do on the last weekend of duck season? Did ya'll go to the lake or stick to the bay? Post some pictures if you have any.