Finally got my 16 gauge A5!

Talk about hunting birds.
Squatting Wolf
.204 Ruger Guns: '07 Savage 12 LRPV

Finally got my 16 gauge A5!

Post by Squatting Wolf »

I've been in love with the Browning A5's for some time now and have been looking for one in a 16 gauge. I passed one up a few years back because I was still in school and didn't have the funds...

Well on Saturday I to the gun show that was in town and at about the 4th table I looked at, there she was, a nice Light 16 A5! I instantly was in love. There were 6-8 guys standing around the table looking at it and I thought it would be my luck to come across nice 16 gauge A5 and not have a chance to buy it. As soon as the crowd disbanned I went over to check the Browning out and ended up bringing it home!

The bore shines like new, and overall the gun is in prety nice shape for it's age (1947). I plan on using it was my pheasant gun and to shoot some clays.

Here's a couple pictures I took this morning (however the pictures aren't that great!)...

It's more important where ya hit 'em, than what ya hit 'em with.
'07 Savage 12 LRPV .204 w/ Leupold VX-II 6-18 LRV reticle
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Re: Finally got my 16 gauge A5!

Post by Ray P »

Squatting Wolf ...........Congrads on your Browning. Glade you were able to get it! I don't have a semi in a browning. I have a browning lightning in O/U and my brother has a browning broadway both in 12 ga. By the looks of your stickers on your loading bench, you like quality fishing rods too? :wink: .
Way to go and thanks for sharing.
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
Squatting Wolf
.204 Ruger Guns: '07 Savage 12 LRPV

Post by Squatting Wolf »

Ray,

Yep, I love my St. Croix rods! I have a few of them in my arsonal so far with plans of adding a few more. Right now I've got casting rods but plan on adding a couple spinning rods to the collection.

I am hoping to take a trip up to the boundary waters next spring...where I'll be able to give them a good workout.
It's more important where ya hit 'em, than what ya hit 'em with.
'07 Savage 12 LRPV .204 w/ Leupold VX-II 6-18 LRV reticle
ennacac

Post by ennacac »

I have one of those I got from my father when he stopped hunting. It was a 16Ga A5 that was chambered for 2 1/2" shells, but he had it modified to shoot (and eject) 2 3/4" shells when the 2 1/2" shells became impossible to find.

He shot many a pheasant with that gun from the 40's to the 80's when he stopped hunting birds.

Tom
Schrutester
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by Schrutester »

I have one of those too. I really enjoy shooting birds and clays with it. :D
BabaOriley
.204 Ruger Guns: Dtech AR

Post by BabaOriley »

ghost331 wrote:When Woods does return

When Woods does return, his 2010 golfing résumé will include a T-4 at the Masters, a missed cut at the Quail Hollow Championship and a WD at the Players Championship. Knowing what we know now about his injury, the showing golf clubs for sale at Augusta seems even more impressive than at first blush. That wild week in Georgia appears to be more the exception than the rule, though.Ishiner
Ladies and gentlement, I believe we may have a spam bot.
6.5swede
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700

Post by 6.5swede »

I had an Auto 5 many moons ago.( mid '60's- early '70's) 16Ga is all I've ever used to hunt ducks, geese. pheasants and grouse with here in NW Montana. It never let me down. Congrats!!! You will love it!!!!
Larry

Real rifles have wood stocks!!

Savage 93 .17HMR, 3-9 BDC
Remington 700 SPS .204 Ruger, 6-24 Mildot
Remington 788 22-250 Leopold FX12

TONK
.204 Ruger Guns: I own a .204 Ruger & 25-06 Ruger!

Post by TONK »

I been wanting a Browning "Sweet Sixteen" for several decades now, still looking for the one with the Gold Trigger and in great shape. You have a great shotgun there and it just doesn't get any better in an autoloader.
Thank a VET for your Freedom!