Bird Dogs!

Talk about hunting birds.
TONK
.204 Ruger Guns: I own a .204 Ruger & 25-06 Ruger!

Bird Dogs!

Post by TONK »

I love to hunt Upland Birds! However, it is real hard to do so without a good dog or couple of good BIRD DOGS right? Well, yesterday the wife and I were a little on edge while in our home because one of our bird dogs, Greta was giving birth to her puppies.

She dropped 3 of those little rascals 22 minutes apart and then things got tense. It was another hour before the next one came calling. We got a bit of a breather as the next puppy hit the deck some 50 minutes later and then almost an hour and half on the last one.

So my wife says to me this morning, how many puppies does Greta have now and I say: We counted 5 nice puppies! The wife says you better come count them again......Holy Cow! It looks like Greta was busy after we went to bed. Now 3 hours and no puppies later I figured she was done right, well I got a surprize this morning as she gave us some more little guys.
Thank a VET for your Freedom!
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Bird Dogs!

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Congrats to the little lady and you Tonk, now how about some pics of those little rascals?!
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

TONK

Post by TONK »

Hello Rick, well I wanted to wait until these crumb munchers got a little larger in size ok. Well it looks like I have to go through some type of other carrier to put pictures on this sight. Ummmmmmm don't like spending money but You can go to Gun Dog Breeder.com and click on German Shorthair Pointer Bred. Then click on the state of Missouri................Tall-Oak Gun Dogs, now that is us and our dogs! We don't have any biscuit eaters, they are all super great bird dogs you bet. 8) :wink: :wink:
Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

Tonk, it won't cost you any money to post pictures on this site. You can get a free account at Snapfish or one of the other sites that allow you to upload photos. It's a bit of hassle to go through a secondary site to post pictures here, but you won't have to spend a dime.
TONK

Post by TONK »

Hello Fella's.................Sorry I haven't been back but my health and the PC went BANG FLOP!!!

I have some of those pictures and will certainly try my best (wife will get R done) and let you all see some great bird dog pup. I have one that is 8 months old out of the last litter. His name is Dusty and he is one heck of a pup. He going to be around 60 pounds and is backed up by 4 generations of "national champions" on the top side of his pedigree and the bottom side is excellent wilth two "national champions" and a couple dozen Field Champions as well. I'll even post some of our stud dogs for you to gander at ok!!!