My neighbors Turkey

Talk about hunting birds.
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

My neighbors Turkey

Post by futuretrades »

This topic is a bit slow this time of year, so I thought I would post a pic of the turkey that my neighbor killed 4/18/11. He bought the house next door to me about 4 years ago, and him and I really hit it off. He is a hunter and a fisherman, and we visit each other quit often. We have enjoyed swapping stories over a cold beer, at least 1 or 2 times a week. Sometimes more. I, personally, have never been turkey hunting in my life, but he goes every spring. Last year, he killed a jake and a big gobbler. Its always fun and interesting to hear his stories. He is a very excitable person about just about anything, especially the stories he tells of his experiences in the field. He puts in the time it usually takes to be successful on his hunts. He moved here from a town about 70 miles from here, where he grew up and spent almost all of his life, so he is not real familiar with the area yet. I have showed him a little of the area we live in. I was born and raised here and never left the area, so I know most of the woods within 50 to 60 miles or so,in any direction from my house, from my own deer and bird hunting for the last 50 years. He has also learned a lot of the area on his own. I am going out with him in the morning to see some new area for him, that we think there may be some turkeys.

Any way, this a pic I took of him with the turkey he killed yesterday. You can see by his grin that he is a happy camper.

NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.