Scope mount for my AR(s)

Talk about ARs, in all their varieties!
Lead Lobber
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Mark II Target Barrel Leupold VX-3 6.5-20x40

Re: Scope mount for my AR(s)

Post by Lead Lobber »

My next upper will get either the RRA or the American defense..... I would probably go with the RRA since my rifle is a RRA.
RedLeg
.204 Ruger Guns: Varmint 18"

Post by RedLeg »

Have the Burris PEPR QD mounts on the Bushmaster AR .204.
Have not shot it yet.
My OL is not real close to the hand guard. I realize most say you want the scope as low as possible. However, for function (rear of scope/charging handle interference, adj of power, etc) it seems to be about just right, rear of scope even with charging handle, parallax/elevation/windage unit middle of scope mounts, etc. Does anyone have advice or experience with this type of setup?
Side note. The PEPR QD made it very easy to adj the forward/back position of the scope.
1st ID Big Red One
ImageImage
Valar
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

Post by Valar »

I too I beleive have a Yankee Hill riser on my AR tack rings I forgot what Brand but are medim rings. I am not fixing it cause it aint broke! Holds zero time and time again carrried in soft case in my vehicle much of the year! Leuopold has a beutifull one piece tack base and ring set up for ars. If I switch some day that is my choice. Tall tack rings on the flat rail alone, I do not think would offer enough comfortable eye relief
GaCop
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15, 24" stainless varmint barrel

Post by GaCop »

In the past, I've used the Weaver 4X4 rings on a Yankee Hill riser and reallyliked it.
bow shot
.204 Ruger Guns: Rock River Arms AR-15 Varminter
Location: Central NY: infested with liberal wack-jobs and their damage

Post by bow shot »

Just went ahead with the riser and Weaver 4x4's. I like it. The riser on my .204 upper is a YHM, and the one on the .223 is a Weaver riser, which I never knew they made. The clamp is very, very nice!