current custom builds

Talk about ARs, in all their varieties!
Valar
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

Re: current custom builds

Post by Valar »

Building a custom 243 on a rem 700 action at the moment. I have action , bolt, stock, trigger and just started machineing a Shilen match blank today. I do need a roughing reamer :D in 243. Finisher I have . I may rent a rougher? Undecided? I have 500 boron nitrate coated 115 g detac bullets ordered and I have brass. Things are lookin bright.
benellibrian
.204 Ruger Guns: ar15 .204

Post by benellibrian »

Almost finished with a black rain AR in 204 with .936 carbon barrel. Barrel should be done this week. Black rain upper and lower . Jewel trigger ,magpul ubr stock ,vtac hand gaurd, JP bolt 20" carbon fiber barrel. Pics when complete.
Valar
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

Post by Valar »

bow shot wrote:Ooooo! A Grendel!! I love mine! Here's the 1st 3 shots from my beloved "Grendelyn" with factory Hornady 123 gn AMax @ 300y. I cant wait to blow up a woodchuck with her!:

[img]http://i906.photobucket.com/albums ... .jpg[/img]
Hey Bowshot what Kinda Grendal barrel did you go with. I was looking at Alexander arms But have heard they are hit or miss?? Thinking of sticking with Shilen? My 204 shilen is awsome! Shilen says 5 monthes to get a Grendel Barrel blank!
savageboy23
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 sps varmint

Post by savageboy23 »

benellibrian wrote:Almost finished with a black rain AR in 204 with .936 carbon barrel. Barrel should be done this week. Black rain upper and lower . Jewel trigger ,magpul ubr stock ,vtac hand gaurd, JP bolt 20" carbon fiber barrel. Pics when complete.
I'd like to see this rifle. Black Rain has some of the sweetest looking ar-15 IMO.
Remington 700 sps varmit with Leupold vx-3 6.5-20 adj objective HS Precision stock and timney trigger
bow shot
.204 Ruger Guns: Rock River Arms AR-15 Varminter
Location: Central NY: infested with liberal wack-jobs and their damage

Post by bow shot »

Valar, Sorry about the late reply..

that's a JP Grendel barrel. just a word about that...

They have a really weird contour; very fat at the receicver, then quite skinny before the gas block, then fat again. In the skinny area, you install a huge heat sink, its like the fins on your motorcycle engine, in a star pattern around the barrel. I REALLY didn't understand that I was getting that when I ordered and it worried me when it arrived,,, But man, does it shoot, LOL!!

I think their barrels are mostly about 3-gun competition, not so much long range sniping??.. but again, wow!
benellibrian
.204 Ruger Guns: ar15 .204

Post by benellibrian »

I thought my barrel was going to be done by now but sounds like another week and a half so I will get pics up when its here . Got the scope . Just need a mount now . Everything will be brand new and ready to shoot !
savageboy23
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 sps varmint

Post by savageboy23 »

Finally got my rra coyote carbine upper. I've had it since summer sometime but have finally got some optics on it. Ordered the new Leupold mark ar MOD1 1.5-4x20mm scope. Now for some warmer weather here in MN so I can shoot.
Remington 700 sps varmit with Leupold vx-3 6.5-20 adj objective HS Precision stock and timney trigger