current custom builds

Talk about ARs, in all their varieties!
savageboy23
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 sps varmint

current custom builds

Post by savageboy23 »

Anyone have a custom build going on at the moment? I have 2 and gett ing parts is a pain in the hind end.
Remington 700 sps varmit with Leupold vx-3 6.5-20 adj objective HS Precision stock and timney trigger
bow shot
.204 Ruger Guns: Rock River Arms AR-15 Varminter
Location: Central NY: infested with liberal wack-jobs and their damage

Re: current custom builds

Post by bow shot »

Procurement of anything AR related is really, really tough now. Good luck getting ammo.. yikes!
savageboy23

Post by savageboy23 »

bow shot wrote:Procurement of anything AR related is really, really tough now. Good luck getting ammo.. yikes!
Im Lucky enough to have a bunch and plenty of brass to reload.
Remington 700 sps varmit with Leupold vx-3 6.5-20 adj objective HS Precision stock and timney trigger
brokeasajoke
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem VSSF II .204 VX-III 8.5-25 side focus tgt dot

Post by brokeasajoke »

RRA lower with psa upper, armalite trigger and hammer, and wilson wylde barrel. Looking for a bennie cooley break (recoil sensetive wife, her gun). What do you guys like for a break. I would get a jp eliminator if they wasnt so ugly.
WY-NEvarmints
.204 Ruger Guns: AR 204

Post by WY-NEvarmints »

Yeah, I have a BCG and lower parts kit on order. It was ordered on Oct 31st from DPMS and I hadn't heard a word. Emailed them a week and a half ago and got a reply. One will be ~3 months out and the other ~6 months out. The rest I have on hand.
Valar
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

Post by Valar »

I have had a bolt carrier on order for over a month! Time will tell. I bought a couple delaware Machine lowers last March. I paid 65.00 a piece. The same lowers were going for 380.00 on gun broker a couple weeks ago!
savageboy23

Post by savageboy23 »

I have 2 Anderson mfg lower receivers. Just got my RRA lower parts kit for one the other day. My stag kit foe the other is still pending. I had stocks on hand. My dpms upper(223) is a yr out and I cant get ahold of model 1 sales to get a lead time on my 204 upper. I guess ill be s.o.l. if the assault weapon ban passes? Any one else had a problem getting ahold of model 1?
Valar

Post by Valar »

I wonder myself about Model One. I looked up a stripped upper on Midway a couple weeks ago and was listed as NOA and No Backorder?
savageboy23

Post by savageboy23 »

Valar wrote:I wonder myself about Model One. I looked up a stripped upper on Midway a couple weeks ago and was listed as NOA and No Backorder?
The same is listed for brass and primers. I wonder about that myself. Suppose its incase they can no longer get the items?
savageboy23

Post by savageboy23 »

My Model 1 sales order has gone from "pending" to "being process." Now the waiting period begins :wall:
Valar

Post by Valar »

My Bolt carrier I ordered second week of Dec came this week! Yahh, now all I need is my Shilen 6.5 grendall barrel and bolt and glass. Hopefully in a couple more monthes! Who would have thought in October I could walk in R guns and bye 10 Delaware Machine stripped lowers. Today you will wait 4 monthes for a NEW LOWER! It is unfortunate that these sensless random shootings are making things difficult for responsible gun enthusiast! God bless the NRA for there constant efforts! :wall:
bow shot
.204 Ruger Guns: Rock River Arms AR-15 Varminter
Location: Central NY: infested with liberal wack-jobs and their damage

Post by bow shot »

Ooooo! A Grendel!! I love mine! Here's the 1st 3 shots from my beloved "Grendelyn" with factory Hornady 123 gn AMax @ 300y. I cant wait to blow up a woodchuck with her!:

[img]http://i906.photobucket.com/albums ... .jpg[/img]
dsandfort
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 BTCSS

Post by dsandfort »

Slowly but surely I'm laying in parts for a 17 TAC. Lower is done. Waiting for the Dtech barrel/bolt/gas block and a LAR OPS-4 upper receiver with BCG. Just got the carbon fiber handguard in from Lancer....really nice.
800 pieces of brass, 100 are formed.
Still deciding on the scope. Leaning towards Zeiss Conquest HD5
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

Builds? ha....always looking for parts n pieces.

Picked up a 110 single shot 2 weeks ago. Sent money for a 308 BVSS-S (flat back action) - should be here next week. New 224 Rock barrel on the way - will finish at 28" with a 0.810 muzzle diameter - no clue what I am going to chamber it in. Haggling on another 110 single shot action tonight.
savageboy23

Post by savageboy23 »

acloco wrote:Builds? ha....always looking for parts n pieces.

Picked up a 110 single shot 2 weeks ago. Sent money for a 308 BVSS-S (flat back action) - should be here next week. New 224 Rock barrel on the way - will finish at 28" with a 0.810 muzzle diameter - no clue what I am going to chamber it in. Haggling on another 110 single shot action tonight.
Parts and pieces for ar-15? Or bolt actions :roll: