Newest Build(s)

Talk about ARs, in all their varieties!
Smash
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom Built AR15

Newest Build(s)

Post by Smash »

Ok guys...I've been reading in here for quite a while as I went through my first 204 AR build. Thought I'd give back a little and post some pics and particulars of the final result. I was building a couple others at the same time so I'll include some pics of them as well, because...well, they're pretty darn cool too. :D

Anyway....here's the 204 I built:

Upper: ASA M4 Feed ramps, with a NiBo coated BCG and a large latch BCM Charging Handle
Lower: LMT with a PSA lower build kit and a Timney 3 lb trigger.
Magpul furniture is a PRS Buttstock and a MOE + Grip in FDE.
Front tube is Midwest Industries 12" painted FDE.
I also painted the upper and lower Foliage Green.
Barrel is a Wilson Combat 18" Fluted Stainless, 1 in 12 twist, mid-length gas system.
Scope is a Springfield Armory 4-14 with mil dots and bullet drop compensation lines. Killed a lot of coyotes with this scope on my 223 AR over the years.

I ordered the barrel for this thing in March of '13. Got it in Feb of this year. So I finished the build, shot it a few times with some factory Hornady stuff and some handloads with 40 grain Noslers and BLC2. Didn't really have time to work up a good load before I had to deploy. So now I'm sitting in the sand wishing I was shooting in the snow!

Anyway...as promised, here's some pics and particulars of the other two builds I had going:

This is a 5.56MM SBR. 11.5" Noveske stainless 1 in 7 twist. Geisselle Super dynamic trigger and magpul furniture. Midwest Industries rail.

It's got a Weaver 6-24 on it right now for load development and hunting. I've hunted coyotes with this gun and it's a dream to carry and super accurate. Shooting it suppressed at coyotes is pretty cool too.

Last but not least...my 300 BLK build. 8" Noveske barrel. The suppressor is an AAC 762 SDN-6. This thing is Hollywood quiet with subs.

All three:

All three were gound up builds except for the 300 blk. I bought the upper assy complete and built the rest.

Anyway...hope you enjoy. I'm pretty proud of them!
toasty
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 16

Re: Newest Build(s)

Post by toasty »

You've been busy, looks like fun. You'll have to keep us posted on how well they shoot.
Smash
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom Built AR15

Post by Smash »

I sure will. I think when I get home I may send the 204 barrel off to Rainier to get the gas block pinned, and the barrel threaded to accept an AAC muzzle device....that way I can use my AAC can on it.
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

VERY NICE!!

Love to see the range report.
bow shot
.204 Ruger Guns: Rock River Arms AR-15 Varminter
Location: Central NY: infested with liberal wack-jobs and their damage

Post by bow shot »

Very, very nice smash!! Thanks for taking the time to post. Made my day!!