Which BCG for New 204 Build?

Talk about ARs, in all their varieties!
frittsk
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Which BCG for New 204 Build?

Post by frittsk »

Looking for advise on a BCG for my new build. Any recommendations?
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Re: Which BCG for New 204 Build?

Post by acloco »

I like to mix and match external surface finishes. Different carrier finish and different bolt finish. Prefer the chrome lined carrier in melonite finish and a silver finish (there are multiple names - nickel boron, etc). Why? Two different slick finished surfaces are, generally, slippery together. (yeah...keep your mind out of the gutter!!) LOL!
Smash
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom Built AR15

Re: Which BCG for New 204 Build?

Post by Smash »

frittsk wrote:Looking for advise on a BCG for my new build. Any recommendations?

I think an easier question would be which one NOT to use. Any of the big manufacturers will work for you. Colt, DPMS,RRA, PSA, Bravo Co, American Spirit Arms...heck, even Bushmaster. One that most will warn you about is ICE Arms. Lots of negativity going around the intra web about them right now. I think their demand has kind of out ran their productivity and QC is suffering. Having said that...I have an ICE bcg in my 204 AR and it works fine. But...I got it during their early days when they weren't overran with orders.

As far as what kind....well a mil spec phosphate coated bcg will serve you well for many years. You really don't need one of the new whiz bang super duper bcg's coated with unicorn piss and fairy dust to have a good bcg. Now having said THAT....My ICE bcg is coated. I just wanted to try one and see what all the fuss was about. I haven't shot it enough to have an opinion other than it looks cool. They are supposed to be slicker, and easier to clean.

I wouldn't overthink it too much man.....if you go with a standard mil spec phosphate coated bcg you won't regret it.