Sig516 Patrol

Talk about ARs, in all their varieties!
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Sig516 Patrol

Post by skipper »

I fell in love with this Sig516 last time I went to Gander Mountain so I brought her home. I opted for the 5.56 versus the 7.62 version for economic reasons. I mounted a Leupold Mark AD MOD-1 4-12x40mm AO with Mil Dot reticle and a Blackhawk bipod. The scope was designed for 5.56, 55 gr, 3100 fps ammo and was very easy to get set up. I have taken both my son in law and my daughter to the range on separate occasions to shoot her. I had to pry their hands off her at the end of each range session. Even though it's not a 204, I think this will be a keeper and am eager to take her out for some coyote fun and excitement. If it will ever quit raining!

Anyone have any experience with this AR and the various ammo offerings with respect to accuracy? So far I've only shot the cheap stuff. My next range trip I intend to take several different types of factory loads to see which she prefers. I will also go by myself where I don't have to deal with children hogging my rifle. Oooops, they may be reading this.

Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: Sig516 Patrol

Post by Bill K »

I can understand that, however You and I also know it is good too take the kids or grandkids, in my case, out shooting and learning/teaching them safe firearm handling, care and shooting. Your choice looks good, also on that firearm. Enjoy. Bill K