Bolt question ???

Talk about ARs, in all their varieties!
TEXAS222
.204 Ruger Guns: custom build AR 15-Rem 700 .204 VARMINT- .204 Kimber Pro Var

Re: Bolt question ???

Post by TEXAS222 »

Hi Bill. No sir, it's not going to function without the gas rings, loss of pressure. My question, How on earth do you lose gas rings? Only thing I could imagine is that they blew off when you shot????? If you find out please let me know.
Jim D
TEXAS222
.204 Ruger Guns: custom build AR 15-Rem 700 .204 VARMINT- .204 Kimber Pro Var

Post by TEXAS222 »

Do you think if it was a new BCG that it might not of had gas rings to start with? Just a wild thought.
Jim D
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Not a new bolt and/or carrier. And yes it had gas rings on prior and has been shot numerous times in 5.56 barrel. This was put into the 20 Practical that I am putting together. Only thing I can think of they were ( all three ?) knocked off when I cleaned it last, and did not see them gone ( dumb me for not observing better) and slid it back into the carrier body. Going to try it again today and will see if the problem stops. Thank you guys. I still can not see how the came off or I missed them, as I have taken this down and cleaned more than a few times. But somehow they did come off. Bill K
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

That was it.. Went out this am and everything fed, fired and ran as it should. Now to scope, sight in and go after some critters. Thank you again guys, for the info. Bill K