204 Upper test fire

Talk about ARs, in all their varieties!
Buckeye Bill
.204 Ruger Guns: AR

204 Upper test fire

Post by Buckeye Bill »

Hello,

I traded for an upper with a McGowen 16 inch barrel that a friend built but was not shooting. I took it out about 3 weeks ago and put about twenty rounds down range and discovered a problem with the gas block. The block had moved and was not secure and this caused misalignment. I took it home and took the upper apart and removed the gas block. It was a very (cheap) part that used set screws and I replaced the block with a Daniels Defense block. I installed a new MI rail that was on my bench took the rifle out today for another test fire.

I fired 50 rounds at some rocks on the side of a hill near by and the rifle functioned completely reliably. I was able to adjust the scope to the point that I am hitting where I am aiming. I will take it out soon to zero on paper. This should make a nice lite coyote rifle for hiking hunts.

I did fire about 20 rounds of reloads. 27.5 grains of IMR-4064 and 32 grain Hornady V-max. I loaded them to 2.250 COL. They functioned fine in the rifle and on rocks. :) Will load some more to shoot at paper. Thought I would share a picture or two.

Bill