Rifle Review:.458 SOCOM

Talk about ARs, in all their varieties!
Snoplop
.204 Ruger Guns: Pantherâ„¢ LR-204 & BROWNING, A-Bolt II 204 Ruger

Rifle Review:.458 SOCOM

Post by Snoplop »

Thought this was interesting. Would spur plenty to talk about around the camp fire. Not much in the way of a varmint gun, err ahh, then again that would depend on what kind of varmints a person was hunting. :D Heck of a bear gun though!

http://www.military.com/entertainment/o ... ESRC=mr.nl
"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."

People who love sausage and people who believe in justice should never watch either of them being made. ~Otto Bismarck
Buglemintoday
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS 204 ruger

Re: Rifle Review:.458 SOCOM

Post by Buglemintoday »

One of my friends has like 35 AR's and multiple lower recievers and all sorts of stuff...in his collection is a 458 SOCOM and a 450 Bushmaster. I remember when one of these big boomers first showed up on the market and the gun rags took it out hunting and laid down some piggies with it.

Would definately make for an interesting (and different) bear rifle! 8)
Snoplop
.204 Ruger Guns: Pantherâ„¢ LR-204 & BROWNING, A-Bolt II 204 Ruger

Post by Snoplop »

So what are his thoughts on it? Seems like it would be a good bear gun. For close up stuff anyway. With all those guns I would have a heck of a time picking which one to shoot every time I headed out the door. Have enough trouble as it is. :D Did you get a chance to shoot it?
"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."

People who love sausage and people who believe in justice should never watch either of them being made. ~Otto Bismarck
Buglemintoday
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS 204 ruger

Post by Buglemintoday »

Where at in Washington are you? I have family in Seattle and I'll be up there at the end of this month.

I haven't shot it yet, he complains of the cost of ammunition and I'm sure I would as well since the rifle is a semi-auto and I like to shoot :lol: