Pics of .204 AR's

Talk about ARs, in all their varieties!
wilbur116
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage model 16 and AR15

Pics of .204 AR's

Post by wilbur116 »

Can you guys post some pics of your .204 AR's?

I don't have any pics of my custom build yet, but will soon.
I just helped a buddy of mine finish his custom upper as well, and I'll try to get him on here to post some pics to.
Buglemintoday
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS 204 ruger

Re: Pics of .204 AR's

Post by Buglemintoday »

Welcome Aboard!

I almost started this same thread a few hours ago in here to stir up some interest :lol:

Here is mine

I'll have an updated photo on Friday once I get my new stuff added to it! 8)
MT204
.204 Ruger Guns: custom ar15

Post by MT204 »

Snoplop
.204 Ruger Guns: Pantherâ„¢ LR-204 & BROWNING, A-Bolt II 204 Ruger

Post by Snoplop »

Well, now lets see if this photo comes thru....
"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."

People who love sausage and people who believe in justice should never watch either of them being made. ~Otto Bismarck
Buglemintoday
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS 204 ruger

Post by Buglemintoday »

Nice rifle SnopLop!
wilbur116
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage model 16 and AR15

Post by wilbur116 »

Dang, those are all nice. I'd like to know more about them if you guys would share some details, optics and all.

I dig the monopods. I'm trying to figure out the best way to mount an Accu-Shot monopod on an ARFX skeleton stock.
Snoplop
.204 Ruger Guns: Pantherâ„¢ LR-204 & BROWNING, A-Bolt II 204 Ruger

Post by Snoplop »

Thanks for the help with the pic Buglemintoday. :D Hope I'm not violating rules by throwing a bunch of info in here. :( All you moderator types feel free to toss this in the recycle bin or move it if needed.
(kinda new to all this posting on the internet forums stuff)
As for the accessories. Well its an on going study...and source of frustration finding parts and pieces that satisfy my curiosity and quest for the right combination.
So far the list includes:

DPMS Pantherâ„¢ LR-204 (24" bull barrel)
Geissele Match rifle Trigger (very satisfied with this trigger)
Burris FULLFIELD IIâ„¢ TACTICAL 4.5X-14X SCOPE
Burris Extreme Tactical rings
Command Arms SRS - Sniper Stock
Command Arms G27 - Tactical Pistol Grip
Harris Bipod
MAGPUL 20 rnd PMAG's
CAA One Point Sling W/Quick Detach Sling Swivel

And now that you got me goin on this....
Scope Mounts are sturdy but may change to Burris AR-P.E.P.R. mount and the jury is still out on which sling is preferable for carting it around.
Want a second tall Harris Bipod to throw on when callin in critters.
At some point would like to experiment with a 23" Advanced Barrel Systems Carbon Composite Barrel.
So far, though the stock looks busy it works/fits great. Nice to use on the bench. No bags needed.
And very accurate with store bought Federal 39 gr loads. Tried every load available off the shelf and found it hates them all except the 39gr Seirra. Have yet to build loads for it. Still stock piling brass.
"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."

People who love sausage and people who believe in justice should never watch either of them being made. ~Otto Bismarck
spacewelder
.204 Ruger Guns: Lothar Walther AR-15, CZ American 204, Rem 700 204, ETC

Post by spacewelder »

I will say that if you are trying to decide on mounts then go with the BURRIS PEPR. Even though it is made in CHINA they are really well built. The eye position is excellent and for the money they are sweet!
spacewelder
.204 Ruger Guns: Lothar Walther AR-15, CZ American 204, Rem 700 204, ETC

Post by spacewelder »

Here is the start of the new LW 204. This is right before I took it out to break it in. Now I still have some goodies to put on, but she will not look much different than this when I am done. I like traditional looks and clean lines. Maybe I am just old school. She is wearing an older Redfield Widefield 8-24(Yes I said 8-24) that I got in Japan. It is super clear. More so than my Leupolds. Burris PEPR. Original A2 buttstock. I have now put a NM trigger in here and the bolt has been matched. 1-10 twist and a freaking tack driver to say the least.
blownholley50
.204 Ruger Guns: Carey Custom 204 Ar-15

Post by blownholley50 »

Heres my Carey Custom 204... 22" H Flutted 1:10 twist barrel--- dont have a dedicated lower for it right now-- using my 6.8 lower for now.. Threw some paracord to help break it up for now(all i had at the house..lol).. Weaver Tactical Scope, Larue Mount etc...

Ive shot factory 32 and 40 gr hornady-- not to impressed w it--- only shot about 20 rds through it-- need to get some more ammo to see which one she loves the most! I dont have acces to reload so factory is the only way i can go-- i did see some Extreme Custom Ammo 204 Ruger 40Gr. Berger -- on gunbroker-- they have a bunch of different hand loaded ammo for the 204-- ANYONE USE OF HEAR OF THES EBEFORE??

204 40gr vmax damage
OldTurtle
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage mod. 116 and Custom .204 AR

Post by OldTurtle »

Mine started out five years ago as a standard looking AR custom upper with a Douglas XX match SS barrel and I decided that Prairie Dogs don't care what the rifle looks like when they get shot, so I decided to paint it in non-traditional colors...

After a few years the Duracoat had some chipped spots in it and I had to have it bead blasted to remove the paint..

Then I primed it using a self-etching primer and that's it's current condition, until I decide what scheme I want to apply next..

AR
Factory/Factory
Big_Bullseye
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1 Varmint Stainless - Custom Noveske AR15 .204

Post by Big_Bullseye »

John Noveske built this one for me in 2008. He doesn't advertise a .204 on his web site but if you get him on the phone you can talk him into building you one. I believe he used a pac nor barrel. The gun is my favorite 204 and is a shooter. I had Leupold build me a custom scope to go with it. It's a MK IV with a varmint reticle.

Doveryai no Proveryai
mikebaby
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

Post by mikebaby »

After a long time gathering parts and cash, I'm finally done with my first build.

POF P415 Gen III lower
VLTOR MUR upper
JP free floating tube
Magpul PRS
Geissele Match Rifle Adjustable Trigger
Young Mfg. N/M bolt carrier group
WOA 24" stainless bull barrel in .204 Ruger w/M4 feedramps
Ergo grip
DPMS internals

Now I just need some glass and ammo.

WY-NEvarmints
.204 Ruger Guns: AR 204

Post by WY-NEvarmints »

Nothing fancy, but it sure is a great time. DPMS 24" Bull in 223. She loves going out and stretching her legs on dogs.

It sure is nice being able to wipe out a whole mound with out cycling a bolt.

New Model One Sales 204 Ruger on DPMS lower along with the DPMS 223 upper.

I just got this 204 upper so I have not been out to test loads to see what she likes.
ryutzy
.204 Ruger Guns: Superior Arms Custom AR-15 Leopold VXIII 4.5-14X50

Post by ryutzy »

Here are a few pics of mine. Most pics are not closeups as they're on hunts.
It's hard to detect good luck, It looks so much like something you've worked hard for and earned.
Stay humble, Stay teacheable