My latest AR 15

Talk about ARs, in all their varieties!
Charlie AR15
.204 Ruger Guns: none

My latest AR 15

Post by Charlie AR15 »

I just got my AR15 upper from Insight Shooting Systems and it's a Beast ! Think I'll call it "Wicked Wanda, the Beast". Lee Mosher builds very fine uppers. extremely accurate uppers, and all of mine are shooting in the 3s. I have now three of his uppers. This latest one is in .223 A.I. The barrel was made , at my request, heavy. It has a .850" muzzle and is 26" long. I was spoiled by the two uppers in 20 TAC (driver) in that there's no recoil so you can see the hits through the scope. This one does the same and I think maybe will be more accurate than the 20 TAC (drivers) I have. That says a lot as these are very accurate. So far I've only shot it at one session; but the three groups are all under 1/2 ". There's a .295, a .282 and a .165 ! The .295 is four shots, the others are three. Not bad for first time out,eh? Can't wait to June when we go PD shootin ! Charles

http://s795.photobucket.com/albums/yy237/win21woodnut/

Haven't done this photobucket before. I probably did this wrong. Help me out if I did ,please !
Charlie AR15

Re: My latest AR 15

Post by Charlie AR15 »

Well, it worked. You can scroll through the pictures. Just click away !Charles
hemiallen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 204r, 20vt one Sako-one Cooper, 17FB 17HH, 17JAVALENA

Post by hemiallen »

Nice rig and groups.

So what are the particulars, trigger weight, and how much to build an upper that shoots that good? I have a 204 ar on the way, hoping it can shoot double your group size...lol

Allen
Charlie AR15

Post by Charlie AR15 »

Allen, sorry I'm late with this and hope you'll catch it. First, great uppers don't come cheap ! I get mine ( and I've had four built by him) from http://www.Insight Shooting Systems.com. Lee attends to the minutest of details because he's a perfectionist. My lowers are now all Rock Rivers with their superb match triggers. I think they break at about three pounds. However, since I will only use these ARs for varmint and bench shooting; I went a step beyond and now have a boss, two stage, bench rest trigger. All I did was replace the disconnect spring with one .005" thinner. Now the RR breaks in ounces, not pounds ! And I'm 100% sure it's as reliable as before the change. I've run 500 plus rounds through it so far with nary a hiccup. Plus, many rounds through the two 20 TAC (driver) ARs. BTW, those 20 TAC (drivers) ARs shoot just as good as the 223 A.I. I wore out my first 223 I got from Lee; not by shooting too much but somehow in storage, rust got into the bore and ruined it . I was one sick shooter ! Never happened before in all my years of shooting; and I pray it won't happen again !
Oh, and if you save your brass, you might want to check out http://www.3bucc.com for his catcher. Again, it's a quality piece so expect to pay. Charles
hemiallen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 204r, 20vt one Sako-one Cooper, 17FB 17HH, 17JAVALENA

Post by hemiallen »

Thanks Charlie.

I finally got and fired mine today, A YHM lower, DPMS flat top thick wall upper w/ a Jard that breaks at 39 oz with a little creep. Put an old 223 upper on it just to verify function of the trigger w/o buring a lot of 204 ammo ( which I haven't loaded enough yet).

I'll have to look at your Mfg for a second upper, looks like a good choice.

Thanks for the information

Allen
TXNinVA
.204 Ruger Guns: None...yet

Post by TXNinVA »

Very nice.