AR15 Trigger solutions????

Talk about ARs, in all their varieties!
204Shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77II Ultralight

Re: AR15 Trigger solutions????

Post by 204Shooter »

I have installed 3 JP custom triggers. They took awhile and you have to know what you are doing but the result was fantastic for each. I also have a Timney trigger and love it. I especially appreciated how easy it was to install the Timney trigger but I learned A LOT from installing the JP triggers.

HOWEVER, having said that, I have now done several of my own trigger jobs following the directions on this site:
Junk yard

A little more info from another site:
Concealed carry

I used this in conjunction with JP's light (yellow) trigger spring kit. Total cost for the trigger job including shipping was under $15. I can now say that I will never buy another aftermarket trigger again. The resulting weight of the trigger is a bit more than the Timney but the creep is about the same. And for about 1/10th the price, you can't beat it! It is awesome!!!

The hardest part is to properly fit the safety. Take your time and only take a little off at a time. If done properly, you will have a very nice trigger that is also safe!

FYI: This trigger job is easier and quicker than the JP custom trigger that you must also fit yourself.

CAUTION: IF YOU DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE WORKING ON YOUR OWN TRIGGER, THEN JUST BUY A QUALITY DROP-IN.
Marriage is the only sport where the trapped animal has to buy the license! ... Just kiddin honey! :hail:
Charlie AR15
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by Charlie AR15 »

I recon this has been discussed; but I didn't read all the posts so here's my two cents. You can pay more; but you can't beat the RR two stage match trigger. Now, if you want to make that trigger into a benchrest trigger; it is simple. I think the RR is the only trigger that has the disconnect arranged independent from the trigger and hammer. There's a small spring under there. Take it out and replace it with one .005 thinner but with the same number of coils. By changing this only; everything will work without doubling. However, finding the "wall" at the second stage becomes easy to pass on by. Not for gloves or insensitive fingers ! But, man is it sweet ! It's a whole lot safer than trying your hand at honing the sears; which I strongly do not advocate ! That can get you into a bunch o trouble. But changing the disconnect spring works. Remember : the disconnect is important to keep the rifle from doubling. As long as it does it's job; all is well.
bow shot
.204 Ruger Guns: Rock River Arms AR-15 Varminter
Location: Central NY: infested with liberal wack-jobs and their damage

Post by bow shot »

Old Turtle, what's your estimation of the PCF (Plum Crazy) lower so far?
bow shot

Post by bow shot »

Did the trigger job: Fantastic!!! And I have Timney on one bolt gun and an accutrigger on another (Savage) so, i do know what a great trigger feels like. My AR trigger is now a pleasure rather than what is used to be: Junk.

Many, many thanks for the intel!
204Shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77II Ultralight

Post by 204Shooter »

bow shot wrote:Did the trigger job: Fantastic!!! And I have Timney on one bolt gun and an accutrigger on another (Savage) so, i do know what a great trigger feels like. My AR trigger is now a pleasure rather than what is used to be: Junk.

Many, many thanks for the intel!
That is awesome! Did you use the JP reduced trigger springs?
Marriage is the only sport where the trapped animal has to buy the license! ... Just kiddin honey! :hail:
bow shot

Post by bow shot »

No I just bent the spring ends. Works well with my friend's 223 Stag upper so far. Now to get mine!!
Valar
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

Post by Valar »

204 I just want to say after having trouble with a old jewel, I finally tried the 50 cent trigger. Wow is all I can say! I see no reason to ever buy a High dollor AR trigger again. I already had 3.5 JR springs and had polished faces of trigger. Getting that long pull out of the trigger is awsome! She breaks like glass smooth and short the way a trigger should be. I started doing this job one time before and quit for fear I would mess it up. I ordered a spare trigger just in case and tried her out. I cant wait to see the results on paper! Thanks again for this usfull information!
bow shot

Post by bow shot »

Doesn't that just make you feel great?!! :D