Jewell Trigger Instalation

Talk about ARs, in all their varieties!
Valar
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

Jewell Trigger Instalation

Post by Valar »

I installed a Jewell Trigger in the 204 ar today. I have to say this trigger had the poorest instructions I have ever seen. The trigger was new but at least ten years old. A good friend bought it years ago when his buddies gun shop was closing for good. He never installed it due to the poor instructions. It took me a while but I have it working well. I dummy fired it a few times after adjustment with a dummy case. I have to say what a huge improvement over my stock dpms ar triggger. I cant wait to try it out. Hopefully weather permitting I am going out in the morning Coyote hunting. I am also curious to test my accuracy off the bench. When the weather warms we shall see.
joghotrod

Re: Jewell Trigger Instalation

Post by joghotrod »

I know what you mean. But they are sweet when you get it set the way you want it. Have fun.

Jimmy
Valar wrote:I installed a Jewell Trigger in the 204 ar today. I have to say this trigger had the poorest instructions I have ever seen. The trigger was new but at least ten years old. A good friend bought it years ago when his buddies gun shop was closing for good. He never installed it due to the poor instructions. It took me a while but I have it working well. I dummy fired it a few times after adjustment with a dummy case. I have to say what a huge improvement over my stock dpms ar triggger. I cant wait to try it out. Hopefully weather permitting I am going out in the morning Coyote hunting. I am also curious to test my accuracy off the bench. When the weather warms we shall see.
.204 Ruger M77 Mark II Weaver 6-24
.222 Rem. BDL Varmint Leupold VX III 6.5-20
.204 Dtech AR 24 in. 1/9 twist SS Fluted Shilen Barrel with Compensator, Leatherwood 8.5-25 uni-dial Also 1/12 twist Shilen. NRA Life Member
6BR Dtech Upper, Shilen 1/8 twist.
abqautoxer
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint

Post by abqautoxer »

I have tried a couple stock triggers, a Timney, and a Jewell. So far the Jewell is my favorite and the one I recommend.
Tom
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

The trigger by Arnold Jewell is just simpley THE best trigger for replacement on the planet, period. I've got Rifle Basix, Timney, Canjar, Moyers, Jard, Kipplenger, and a couple of custom triggers without names......they're all good, but my Jewell triggers are the jewels of the batch. Gotta admit though, I've never installed one in a gas gun....never felt the need.

If the instructions are followed, they are simple to install, and in use, well......there just is not a better trigger that I'm aware of. Olympic shooters install them in their competition rifles where allowed.....need we say more? ;)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails