AR Jewel Trigger troubleshoot

Talk about ARs, in all their varieties!
Valar
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

AR Jewel Trigger troubleshoot

Post by Valar »

Ok,I put a Jewel trigger in the Ar a couple monthes ago. When gun was fired I was at first unable to clik saftey back on. Al finctions were fine before firing. I went back a reset sear per poor instructions. The gun worked fine after that for 30 rounds or so. Now it is doing the same thing, plus after a few rounds it will not fire. It is like trigger doesnt reset? Any ideas out there would be appreciated. Trigger is smooth as silk when it functions properley! Useless If I cant get the bugs out of it. :wall:
204Shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77II Ultralight

Re: AR Jewel Trigger troubleshoot

Post by 204Shooter »

I have never had a Jewel trigger but it sounds like something is coming loose. Are you supposed to loctite anything? Do the adjustments change after firing?
Marriage is the only sport where the trapped animal has to buy the license! ... Just kiddin honey! :hail:
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Not sure about the Jewel trigger set up, but on most others if you try and set the adjustment to light, then it can strike and block out the safety. Try setting it as light as you can, with the safety still functioning, loc tite all adjusting screws/nuts and see if it does not stop the creep, you seem to be getting in the adjustments. Bill K :)
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Post by Hotshot »

Did you try contacting Jewel? They will be unhappy too if your trigger doesn't work right. Ask them for advice, they'll know right off how to fix that.
Valar
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

Post by Valar »

OK Folks after a couple of calls to Jewell and much frustration, I was unable to correct the problem with the Jewell. This trigger was brand new old Jewell ar trigger. I understand the new Jewell triggers have nylon inserts on the set screw threads to keep them adjusted? I went back to a stock DPMS trigger assembly that I Polished with compound and a dremel buffing wheel! I then added 3.5 pound JP springs. I have to say this set up has longer travel than the Jewell , but is very smooth pull. It took all the stock grittyness out of the trigger. I may do another poor man and add a set screw loctited below hand grip screw to take up some of the travel. The jewell was nice when it worked but frustrating whenit screwed up!