CMMG 204 Uppers

Talk about ARs, in all their varieties!
savageboy23
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 sps varmint

CMMG 204 Uppers

Post by savageboy23 »

Has anyone had experience with them? I currently do not own an ar but was considering one. Cabela's sells these along with other internet sites. I am only aware of this company and DPMS for .204 uppers.
Remington 700 sps varmit with Leupold vx-3 6.5-20 adj objective HS Precision stock and timney trigger
bow shot
.204 Ruger Guns: Rock River Arms AR-15 Varminter
Location: Central NY: infested with liberal wack-jobs and their damage

Re: CMMG 204 Uppers

Post by bow shot »

RRA (Rock River Arms) and Model1 Sales also do .204. I'm very happy with my RRA. I just shot 3 into 0.2" (scared to shoot 5, lol!) with mine a couple days ago..

Don't know about CCMG. I'd wager that the performance of their .204 would be akin to their 5.56...

Gunbroker usually has some custom build .204 uppers with very good barrels for excellent prices..
savageboy23

Post by savageboy23 »

bow shot wrote:RRA (Rock River Arms) and Model1 Sales also do .204. I'm very happy with my RRA. I just shot 3 into 0.2" (scared to shoot 5, lol!) with mine a couple days ago..

Don't know about CCMG. I'd wager that the performance of their .204 would be akin to their 5.56...

Gunbroker usually has some custom build .204 uppers with very good barrels for excellent prices..
I saw that I could order a model one complete kit for $635 with no FFL required? This maybe worth looking into
Remington 700 sps varmit with Leupold vx-3 6.5-20 adj objective HS Precision stock and timney trigger
RedLeg
.204 Ruger Guns: Varmint 18"

Post by RedLeg »

If I am not mistaken, the only FFL registered part on an AR is the lower receiver.

So any upper, whether it be a kit or fully assembled, would not need FFL registration.

I am no lawyer, check the laws that apply to you.

7th Corps the most lethal/powerful land military formation in history, that also proved it.
1st ID Big Red One
ImageImage
savageboy23

Post by savageboy23 »

RedLeg wrote:If I am not mistaken, the only FFL registered part on an AR is the lower receiver.

So any upper, whether it be a kit or fully assembled, would not need FFL registration.

I am no lawyer, check the laws that apply to you.

7th Corps the most lethal/powerful land military formation in history, that also proved it.
I am under the same impression. But talking with a friend of mine who has his ffl I found out that there are some firearms that dont require it.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

About the only complete firearm that does not require a purchase via FFL, is a muzzle loader.. Most, if not all others, lowers, actions need to go through DROS and FFL. BIll K