model 1

Talk about ARs, in all their varieties!
savageboy23
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 sps varmint

model 1

Post by savageboy23 »

Anyone had experience with the company and their products? Saw I could get a 204 varmiter kit for 635
Remington 700 sps varmit with Leupold vx-3 6.5-20 adj objective HS Precision stock and timney trigger
WY-NEvarmints
.204 Ruger Guns: AR 204

Re: model 1

Post by WY-NEvarmints »

I have recently got an upper in 204 from Model One Sales, minus the BCG. It is fluted but probably should have also added the sling swivel stud option. I have only had a chance to test it at 30 yards with some factory loads as well as my load for my other 204. Both shoot into the same jagged hole at that distance. Hopefully the wind will finally be calm enough to test at 100 yards soon. The unit seems to be well put together, no issues with rough chamber, loose fitting, or anything of that nature.

Vreeland274
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS Panther 24" 1 in 12

Post by Vreeland274 »

I like it looks great, man I can't wait to shoot mine. Do you do any hunting with her?
savageboy23
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 sps varmint

Post by savageboy23 »

Nice looking rifle. After looking the page over more I seen the kit came without the lower receiver.......that said I guess I'd be more apt for just an upper and order a lower from a friend with his ffl
Remington 700 sps varmit with Leupold vx-3 6.5-20 adj objective HS Precision stock and timney trigger
WY-NEvarmints

Post by WY-NEvarmints »

Well, I haven't shot any critters with it yet but once I get a load worked up and get it sighted in it will be whacking some prarie dogs and other varmints. Yeah, the Model One Sales website does state it but you really have to read what you actually getting when you order. Like I said this one didn't come with a BCG or a sling swivel stud, but I just swapped out the one from my DPMS upper and I'll have to drill and tap the hand guard for the stud.
stein
.204 Ruger Guns: .204 ar-15 frankenstein.

Post by stein »

I got an uppper about 2 years ago. it is not fluted so it is even more front heavy, but once I got used to shooting off hand with the extra weight it really helped with my 300 win mag. for steady standing shots. I paid right at 605.00 with shipping for it. with 32 gr. loads it makes legs come off of PD's. I am still pLAYING WITH 34 gr. varmint nightmares.
WY-NEvarmints

Post by WY-NEvarmints »

Well the Model One drew first blood yesterday. 32 gr V-Max (hand loads for my former 204) at about 150 yards. Lifted him right out of his hole, elevated about a foot and dropped him where he lays.

My boss, Mark, drew first blood with his 22K Hornet at the mound next to the one I shot just a minute after I did.

Haven't worked up loads or even zeroed in these loads I had but the weather was perfect and when the boss says lets go shoot a dog, what is one to do.
Clint E
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by Clint E »

LOOKS LIKE THE MODEL 1 IS GOING TO BE A KEEPER WY-NE. CANT WAIT TO HEAD WEST AND DO some SHOOTING TIME IS GETTING CLOSE
winnebegowarrior
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by winnebegowarrior »

Do you still have your "model 1"? Has it met your expectations?
Im also looking at one
Valar
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

Post by Valar »

I thought for a while model 1 went out of business. I have a model one upper on a rock river lower, shilen match 204 barrel. Absolute nail gun precision! No complaints.