2024 Small Caliber Five Shot Challenge TARGETS

Participate in friendly board-wide competitions.
SecretCode
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 vlp .204, Savage Model 110 Storm .204

Re: 2024 Small Caliber Five Shot Challenge TARGETS

Post by SecretCode »

Congratulations Bill! Right when Skipper posted them I knew you had won. Close yes but your clean edges really sealed the deal. And again. BIG BIG Thanks to Skipper for his work putting this on, I do agree with his measurements. This one was fun. I'll have to print out some more and practice on that Rat!
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

SecretCode

Your group was phenomenal. Five shots touching at 100 yards is a feat unto itself. Nice going. Thank you for participating!
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

I truly Thank you Skipper and also Secret Code and WesF. I also agree, in that Secret Code and I maybe should have tied and both show the banner.

Not knowing what caliber Wes shot, when I scored I did use the method SC mentioned and deducted all with .204.
Glad a app was used for the final scoring on each and Skipper posted that.

I Thank each and everyone of you for the support in this fun shoot, all targets are good one's and I am sure we each enjoy the little competition amongst ourselves. This is a very fine site for what we enjoy and share. Bill K :D
WesF
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12FV

Post by WesF »

Congratulations to both Bill & SecretCode!! I absolutely agree with Skipper's finding Bill as the "top dog" for this year's competition! SecretCode, your grouping is really close to Bills, and as I said previously, my group is a distant 3rd. It's been almost 2 years since I've shot my trusty Savage 204, so now I have an even better excuse to go to the range & work on improving my shooting skills. :)
Shoot straight & often.
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

WesF and Secret Code, have you, just for fun, shot a group on the little Rat ? If so what did you get in playing with it ?
WesF

Post by WesF »

Hi Bill, I didn't waste the ammunition shooting at the rat on the bottom of the target. I'm saving the rounds for taking care of some coyotes "terrorizing" our neighbors in the north woods.
Shoot straight & often.
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Okay, Good deal on the coyotes. I also chase them, just about year round by either spot/stalk or calling them in. Enjoyable and taking them out or controlling numbers helps save a lot of other young wildlife. :D
coyote with CZ - Copy.jpg
coyote with CZ - Copy.jpg (7.93 KiB) Viewed 2171 times
Attachments
user6923_pic702_1506631939 - Copy.jpg
user6923_pic702_1506631939 - Copy.jpg (67.98 KiB) Viewed 2171 times
WesF

Post by WesF »

Bill K wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:27 am Okay, Good deal on the coyotes. I also chase them, just about year round by either spot/stalk or calling them in. Enjoyable and taking them out or controlling numbers helps save a lot of other young wildlife. :D coyote with CZ - Copy.jpg
Nice looking yoties you're holding there Bill! The terrain up in the sticks by us is quite a bit denser than you're hunting in so calling at last light through the night is my best bet for pest control. Coyotes are some slim pickings right now but I did take care of a few problem woodchucks a couple weeks ago with my trusty 17 HMR The fur bearin varmints had taken up residence under one of my sheds, they were messing up my wood pile so I figured I'd take them out while I had a safe shot on them. Unfortunately I don't have any pictorial evidence of my control efforts! :wall:
Shoot straight & often.
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Photos are nice, but I know that often they just are not available to take also. I still like to hear info on kills, etc. :) I have some nice looking, and good sized yotes in my area Wes. Another example of such.
Valkyrie and chucks.jpg
Valkyrie and chucks.jpg (320.34 KiB) Viewed 2115 times
20-223ai.JPG
20-223ai.JPG (1.25 MiB) Viewed 2115 times
Plus a couple Rock Chucks with the Valkyrie..