*** 204um Five Shot Challenge NEWS ***

Participate in friendly board-wide competitions.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

*** 204um Five Shot Challenge NEWS ***

Post by skipper »

Great news. Targets are starting to filter in. Some are VERY competitive. It's obvious that some of you really know how to stack 'em up.

The word is that it takes approximately 3-4 days for targets to reach the members here in the US. I haven't heard from anyone with a foreign address so I'm not sure how long it's taking them to get overseas. The point is that there is still time to get a target, shoot five rounds and get it postmarked by June 15th. Winner's will be announced on July 1st.

I had to send the targets by parcel post due to their size. I certainly don't expect you to return them by parcel post. Just make sure you don't fold them across the group. Here's the return address:

Skipper
15201 Mason Rd.
PMB 346
Cypress, TX 77433

Please, send in your targets regardless of whether you feel you have a chance or not. Believe me, there's room at the top!!!
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
53eldorado
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger American Predator

Re: *** 204um Five Shot Challenge NEWS ***

Post by 53eldorado »

I mailed mine back last Tues. May 26th. Did it make it?
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Re: *** 204um Five Shot Challenge NEWS ***

Post by skipper »

And the winners are:

OVERALL GRAND CHAMPION
GJS (.264 in)

RESERVE CHAMPION
bluestar48 (.293 in)

HONORABLE MENTION
smgchandler (.323 in)

We will let the winners tell you all about their rifles, ammunition, bench set-up, and other details that led to their success. We can pick their brains for next year. Two of the top three groups were shot with production class rifles. A production class gun, right off the shelf, in 204 Ruger is VERY accurate indeed! Notice the TOP 10 Shooters list. Some shooters didn't place in their class simply because their class was heavily populated. I wouldn't want to compete against these guys next year! :eek:

Production –
1st – bluestar48 (.293 in)
2nd – smgchandler (.323 in)
3rd – toasty (.448 in)

Modified Production –
1st – GJS (.390 in)
2nd - Hondo83 (.458 in)
3rd – Silverfox (.777 in)

Custom –
1st – GJS (.264 in)
2nd – Silverfox (.596 in)
3rd – Ray P (.695 in)

AR Platform
1st –
2nd –
3rd –

Top ten details:
1) .264 GJS
2) .293 bluestar48
3) .321 smgchandler
4) .390 GJS
5) .448 toasty
6) .458 Hondo
7) .589 oldfox
8 ) .596 Silverfox
9) .610 pre64win
10) .659 Ray P

I decided to copy and paste this information here as well since people have been looking at both posts. Congratulations to the winners. You guys accepted the Challenge and shined. I just can't believe the groups that production class rifles turned in. It's easy to see why the 204 Ruger has gained such a reputation as an extremely accurate cartridge. Of course, we ALL knew that to begin with.

Thanks for letting me host this shoot. I think next year we will have to only offer one class. It's hard to justify having separate classes of rifles with shooters like bluestar48 and smgchandler around. The last Challenge we had one member giving everyone a run for the money with a box stock Savage LRPV. I promise to make the targets a standard 8 1/2 X 11 so they will fit into a regular mailing envelope.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em