Monthly Shootout: Any interest?

Participate in friendly board-wide competitions.

Would you participate in a friendly monthly shootout?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:05 pm

Yes
95%
No
5%
Need More Details
No votes

Total votes: 19

JaxTeller
.204 Ruger Guns: None

Re: Monthly Shootout: Any interest?

Post by JaxTeller »

Bill K wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:20 pm Most of the time I just take a red target dot ( one inch model) and stick it on a sheet of paper. Makes for a tight hold and you can see your hits, most of the time from 100 yrds, with a 12x scope. If you check around those stick on dots sell for 10.00 bucks or so, for hundreds of them. Reasonable and keep you cost for targets down. Bill K

This is a sample of the dot, I mention, as you see there is a black spot in center for center dot. 000_0003.JPG
Yup. That's all I use. I think I bought mine at Gander - and the target was 3" wide. So I just punch that in OnTarget and I am all set. :)

Your target is good. Ready for the shootout it seems like..
JaxTeller

Post by JaxTeller »

skipper wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:33 pm One detail to consider is to always scan the targets using the same scanner so that each has the same dimensions as the next. Two different scanners could yield two different dimensions/proportions/aspects. Then import them into On Target for measuring. Just saying.
I use OnTarget. There is a "set reference length" deal on there. I know my targets are 3" wide. I set that distance. Never has failed me. Scanning as you said is another option.

Am sure we'll have some learning that goes with this... but we'll help each other out and have fun with it, am sure.
JaxTeller

Post by JaxTeller »

OK folks.

I'll state this again. This thread has nothing to do with The 2017, 204 Ruger Five Shot Challenge. That thread is here ->CLICK HERE:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11813 Please read the rules and follow up there.

This thread was started with the intention of discussing a fun monthly shoot-out starting in the future. Folks seem to have confused the two.

So for now this thread is being shutdown till that contest is done. I see that we have enough interest to get stuff started.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

I unlocked this thread since the 5 Shot Challenge is over. Thanks, JaxTeller!
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
JaxTeller

Post by JaxTeller »

skipper wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:14 am I unlocked this thread since the 5 Shot Challenge is over. Thanks, JaxTeller!
Thanks! I think there was plenty of interest. We'll see when the posts and targets start getting posted online. :)

Cheers!