2018 Going Postal 5 Shot Challenge Winners!!!

Participate in friendly board-wide competitions.
WesF
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12FV

Re: 2018 Going Postal 5 Shot Challenge Winners!!!

Post by WesF »

I also don't mind having my score published. If I remember correctly, you posted the scores from the previous postal challenge...did you get some "blowback" from that? We all just have to remember that these challenges are just for fun!
Shoot straight & often.
22Jim
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV .204

Thank you Skipper!

Post by 22Jim »

Sorry for not responding sooner but I've been following a direct link to the post announcing the challenge and wondering what was taking Skipper so long :lol: Thank you skipper for taking the time to put on the challenge and thanks to everyone who participated. I look forward to the challenge every year.

Well I knew it would be a tough competition there are some great shooters and rifles in our ranks. My rifle is a Savage Model 12 LRPV with a Weaver V24 scope with the 1/4 MOA reticle. I used a Harris bipod and sand bags off a bench to shoot my targets. I was shooting hand loads using a 39gr Sierra Blitz King over 27.4 gr of RL-15 with Remington 7.5 primers. This is the only load I shoot out of my rifle anymore as it shoots consistently tiny groups every time I take it out.

My winning target was the last target I shot with my last 5 rounds. I took 25 rounds out to the range and had a couple of good groups but I knew not good enough. Because of the black target and tiny holes I had no idea how the last target looked until I walked up on it. Below is one target that broke my heart, almost (I think the 4 shot group would be in the teens)!

I think the only way you can score these target accurately is with a computerized program. I also think that the competition we had last year, one target 5 shots would probably attract more entries. This year I figured that you were going to have to shoot 1/4 inch or better to be in the top 3. I suspect that a lot more than 15 people shot the challenge but never submitted their targets. When you have only one target you have no idea what kind of score will win and you are more likely so send in your target. Just my thoughts.

22Jim

randyman
.204 Ruger Guns: .204 on AR platform, .20 Vartarg built from Rem. 700 SA

Post by randyman »

Congratulations to the top 3 shooters! Those are some really great scores. I believe anyone submitting a target wouldn't mind see where they placed in the competition and having the results made public. I shot better last year but submitted this year's target anyway. I can't think of a way to increase participation either (unless it was open to all .20's and it was a 4 shot challenge) but have noted that there is a lot less activity on the forum lately. My only suggestion would be to have the bulls-eye of the target offset with a different color-like white with black surrounding rings. I used a paper hole punch and put little 1/4" dots of blaze orange in the center of the rat. It helped me see how bad I was doing! Again, congrats to the super shooters and many thanks to you Skipper for hosting this competition. Please post all the scores if you can. Randy.
blue51
.204 Ruger Guns: savage mod 12 with criterian 26" barrel every thing else fac

Post by blue51 »

Again, congratulations to the to 3 winners and every one else who competed with a special thanks to Skipper for all of the hard work, organizing and scoring. I also shot a number of targets myself with one flyer in every one for some reason. Since I mailed a target away I have no problem with my target or anything about me being shown. Rifle savage fv 12 criterion barrel 26" 1/11 twist vortex 6-24x50 39 gr sierra hbn treated 29 gr cfe 223 cci br primer.
53eldorado
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger American Predator

Post by 53eldorado »

I would like to see what my target scored and where I placed. I do this to see if I’m improving. (Can’t get any worse.)
If you don’t post them send me a pm.

Thanks Skipper. It’s harder to do than hitting a p dog.
Fordevr
.204 Ruger Guns: Tikka T3 Varmint Heavy Barrel SS

Post by Fordevr »

53eldorado wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:45 pm I would like to see what my target scored and where I placed. I do this to see if I’m improving. (Can’t get any worse.)
If you don’t post them send me a pm.

Thanks Skipper. It’s harder to do than hitting a p dog.
I would like to see the results also, please.
Thx for all the hard work skipper.👍