2019 Five Under a Dime Postal Challenge

Participate in friendly board-wide competitions.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

2019 Five Under a Dime Postal Challenge

Post by skipper »

Registration for the 2019 Five Under A Dime Challenge will begin on Monday, April 1st. Registration will be by Private Message (PM) submitting your Username, Name, and Address where I can mail a target. I can mail a target to you using your Username only if preferred. ONE target per registered member only, please. Registration will continue through the month of April. Targets will be mailed on Wednesday, May 1st. Targets must be returned to me by Monday, July 1st to be officially scored. Please, returned to me means that I must have possession of your target by the due date of Monday July 1st in order for it to be valid. Smallest single group wins as determined by On Target Group Measuring Application on my computer.

Targets - This year's targets will have three (3) bulls eyes. The Center of each bulls eye will measure the exact same size as a US dime. Targets will be tamper resistant even though this is a gentleman's competition, just to keep things on the up and up. This new target design allows each registered member to have three attempts to win. More OR less than 15 shots on a target will result in that target being voided and not allowed to be scored for record. PLEASE, count your shots carefully!!!

Shooting - You are required to shoot 5 shots on each of the three bulls eyes for a total of 15 shots on your target. Targets must be shot at a measured 100 yards from muzzle to target. You may use any shooting style you prefer as long as your muzzle is 100 yards from the target.

Scoring - Each bulls eye will be measured by the five (5) shots closest to that particular bulls eye. Scores of each and every member will be posted in the Shooting Competitions Forum as soon as I have measured and recorded the scores. It IS Possible for a member to win first, second, and third place with a single target.

ALL QUESTIONS about the rules will be answered according to the specifics of this post only. One target, three bulls eyes, 15 shots. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be recognized although ALL members scores will be posted.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
521dvx
.204 Ruger Guns: #1Savage 12LRPV , Ruger #1 , Ruger Hawkeye Predator

Re: 2019 Five Under a Dime Postal Challenge

Post by 521dvx »

Looking forward to the Challenge. Thanks
skipper

Post by skipper »

:eek: I look forward to measuring your target, again, with great anticipation. :eek:
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Thank you Skipper, for doing this again and for all the forth coming work you put into it. Looking forward to another go at the fun competition this year. Bill K :)
skipper

Post by skipper »

Looks like I forgot to mention one very important detail. This is a 204 Ruger competition. You must be shooting a 204 Ruger. Sure, I'm not going to be able to tell if you shot a 20 Ackley Improved or a Var Targ, a Tactical or a Practical. I'll only be able to tell if the hole size is 20 caliber. Just remember this is a gentlemen competition for fun. Honor system rules apply.
WesF
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12FV

Post by WesF »

Skipper, I'm looking forward to this year's challenge! I hope the flooding at my local range will subside early enough so I can get some practice in before I have to shoot for score. It's been a long, cold, snowy winter & I'm going through 204 withdrawals! Competition loads are in progress & will be ready when my target arrives. Thanks again for pulling this together!
Shoot straight & often.
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

So was I, had just started making a few trips to a growing alfalfa field and even into some Rim rock areas and getting a few critters, but today, and as of right now, couple inches of new snow at my place and still snowing. :mad: So I guess another week or so set back is in order. Bill K :)
skipper

Post by skipper »

Member registration begins TODAY. Send me a Private Message (PM) with your Username, Name (optional), and mailing address. PLEASE, DO NOT post your information on this or any other public thread.
WesF
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12FV

Post by WesF »

Skipper, PM sent. The flood waters at our local range are nearly gone! We should be shooting there in a week or so, looking forward to "unloading" some 204 Ruger ammunition.
Shoot straight & often.
Hoot
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom rifles of all types

Post by Hoot »

Would have liked to get in on this but saw it too late. Well maybe next competition.
“God created war so that Americans would learn geography.”
― Mark Twain
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

I don't believe it is too late Hoot. Give a pm to Skipper with your name address and I bet he will send you a official target for scoring and entry. Bill K :)