Summer of 2021 Challenge Winners Circle

Participate in friendly board-wide competitions.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Summer of 2021 Challenge Winners Circle

Post by skipper »

This year we mailed out 27 targets, of which 12 were returned. That’s a 44% return rate. I wanted to thank each and every one who returned a target regardless of whether you considered it to be competitive. I received the winning target back in July, I think. Poor BillK had to wait months to learn he had won AGAIN. Congratulations, to ALL who participated this year. I’m only going to post the 4th place on results by ranking without giving away everyone’s actual group size. If you would like to know the scoring results of your particular target, drop me a PM.

Winner – BillK Max Spread (CTC) 0.300, MOA 0.287

Second Place – jwsmith1959 Max Spread (CTC) 0.330, MOA 0.316

Third Place – hozz57 Max Spread (CTC) 0.361, MOA 0.345

4th – 521DVX
5th – triggerfingers
6th – SecretCode
7th – SerenityNetworks
8th – Irishgun
9th – blue51
10th – Carbonmax
11th – randyman
12th – facman

All targets were scanned on the same HP ENVY 5660 and measured with the On Target application. This method, IMO, achieves the most consistent results. It may vary from your measurement but the playing field was level using this method.

Pictures upcoming!!!
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
skipper

Re: Summer of 2021 Challenge Winners Circle

Post by skipper »

Here's a peek at the winning targets.
Bill K.jpeg
Bill K.jpeg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 21222 times
jwsmith19592.jpg
jwsmith19592.jpg (902.27 KiB) Viewed 21202 times
Hozz57.jpeg
Hozz57.jpeg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 21222 times
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Thank You again Skipper for your effort, work and time to allow us to have this fun shoot out. :D

Maybe mine was the one with the "Possible" marine slang.. but I assure you it is five shots, done slow and easy off a solid bench at the club range. :D
jwsmith1959
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 MK II Hawkeye Predator

Post by jwsmith1959 »

Bill K sent me some brass a couple of years ago. If it wasn't for him, I would have never been able to compete. I was able to try a bunch of different powders and bullets because of him.

It was my ability to try different loads that I did what I did. I never thought that my target would be in the top five, much less #2. I have to give the top 2 to Bill K. Kuddos! Thanks to Skipper to make this possible.

.204 Rocks!

Along with 17 Rem, .244 Remington, 6mm Remington, 257 Roberts, 25-06, etc....etc.
WesF
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12FV

Post by WesF »

Congratulations to Bill K, that's some mighty fine shooting! Second & third place is also darn good marksmanship. My "crud" symptoms are slowly subsiding and hoping not to be a "long hauler". That being said, if Skipper is up to doing another challenge, I'm in...God willing! Skipper, you've done another awesome job making this challenge happen! Doing something like this is not easy and very time consuming, kudos! Thank you!!
Shoot straight & often.
randyman
.204 Ruger Guns: .204 on AR platform, .20 Vartarg built from Rem. 700 SA

Post by randyman »

If I had to come in next to the last at least it was ahead of my brother-in-law!! We shot our targets together and he used my rifle and ammo because he was having difficulties with the stock on his rifle that day. Hope we didn't breach any rules on that.
It's been said many times but-Thanks Skipper for all the work you put into making this a success. And, congratulations to the winners! That is some fine shooting. R!
hoppy
.204 Ruger Guns: sako varmint

Post by hoppy »

Great shootin again Bill K, and fantastic placegetter groups from JWSmith1959 and Hozz57.
Unfortunately I didnt get my target in time to shoot it and get it back from downunder - it finally turned up in the last week of September just before I headed out bush for 10 days - probably due to covid slowing down international mail. Thanks heaps to Skipper for organizing the mail out and scanning/scoring of returned targets. I still plan to shoot mine some time soon( bad weather coming this week!) to see how I go. If it goes well I will post up a pic!!
Congratulations to all who participated

Cheers from downunder

Hoppy
skipper

Post by skipper »

Three months for an envelope to get to Australia?? Next year I'll send yours out before the contest even begins. On second thought, scan that target into your computer so you'll have it.
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

That is a fine idea Hoppy. Scan that or, if Skipper will allow it, keep that official target for next year, shoot it and mark it 2022 and send it in, so you can be in and able to participate. And send it on in so it makes the dead line. We need more shooters getting their targets in for score and the fun. I always copy the official target, when I get it and then shoot a couple practice/adjustment rounds on them, prior to shooting the official one, for score.

I also add, again and again, a very large THANK YOU too Skipper for all his work, time and effort into this fun shoot.
I just might shoot my target next year at 150-200 yrds, just to see how that would work with my rifle, even if I don't get it scored for official score, about time someone beats the pants off me. :D :D
SecretCode
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 vlp .204

Post by SecretCode »

Congrats Bill! Kinda figured that you'd be holding on to the crown for another year. I'll just have to work harder next year. Had alot of fun with my first challenge, and again thanks to Skipper for putting in the work to make it happen.

Preparations for next year starts now!
hozz57

Post by hozz57 »

Great contest Skipper! Happy as heck to come in 3rd! Congrats to BillK and JW, you guys rock! Maybe if I hadn't had that 2nd cup of coffee I could've done better.
Looking forward to next years challenge!
The more I learn, the more I see how much I have to learn!
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

heck I sip a cup of coffee in between shots, while shooting for score. :D
hozz57

Post by hozz57 »

Excuses...I got a million of 'em! My favorite is the mysterious sucking vortex!
The more I learn, the more I see how much I have to learn!
Carbonmax
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by Carbonmax »

A big thank you to Bill K and skipper. Because of you gentlemen I was motivated to shoot and reload a lot more. Just what I needed. The magic load did not appear. Five rounds out of the factory box weighed within .1 grains. They gave a nice round circle but a big one. Hope this helps somebody, the fact is I got 10th with factory ammo. Carbonmax out.
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

All the Thanks goes to Skipper for his work and effort to pull this shoot off. Maybe next year more will get into it and get their targets in for scoring.
As for your shooting factory ammo, that is a fine effort, but hopefully next year, you can get reloading and come up with the perfect load for your rifle and take out the top spot. It is all in fun and a good contest. :D