2022 Ghost Bullseye 5 Shot Challenge WINNERS CIRCLE

Participate in friendly board-wide competitions.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: 2022 Ghost Bullseye 5 Shot Challenge WINNERS CIRCLE

Post by Bill K »

Did I miss something in another post ? What did you do to your left hand and thumb ? If I dare ask.
SecretCode
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 vlp .204

Post by SecretCode »

Congrats again Bill!

I shot my target early in June as I knew it would be one of the only times I would have this summer. No excuses but dang busy for sure. Not even sure if it made it to Skipper by the deadline. And that's all on me if it didn't. I do apologize to Skipper if it didnt. Sincerely dont mean to waste his time and Love this shoot and his hard work.

I think we make Bill shoot with his toes next year!

I happened to realise the Skipper way of shooting the target after walking down to collect the target after the last shot. Major Face Palm.
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

If I am still around next year, just to shoot, I would use my toes or something to shoot. It is the fun of being in it, and not the winning that counts. Along with a pulled shot, I also shot, this year with this new CZ American 204R I had bought earlier in the winter. :)
WesF
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12FV

Post by WesF »

Bill K wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:57 pm Did I miss something in another post ? What did you do to your left hand and thumb ? If I dare ask.
Bill, On 18 May I was doing some woodworking with my table saw. I was cutting some thin Teflon after some thicker red oak. I neglected to lower the saw blade & while I was cutting the Teflon, using a push stick, the work piece moved and I reached for it with my left hand. I bounced my left thumb off the blade, also pulling my left index finger into the blade. I took about 3/4 inch off the thumb & ripped up the ulnar (pinky) side of my index finger. The good news is that I still have the thumb knuckle & about 3/4 of an inch beyond the knuckle so I can still grip things. My index finger is still intact but numb from the pip (second) joint up to the tip on the ulnar side. I'm currently in physical therapy to regain the range of motion of both the thumb & finger. Things are getting better usage wise, but I have a ways to go to get to full usage. I am blessed that we have some awesome hand surgeons & therapists in our area, so I believe I'm in good hands (pun intended). I'm in far better shape than a lot of people in this world & I will work my butt off to make as full a recovery as possible.
Shoot straight & often.
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Sounds bad enough, in what occured. Sure could have been worse. Have a friend that did simular, but he lost a left hand finger ( first one from the thumb) all the way up to the first joint/knuckle. He thought he was lucky. In some ways both of you and he were. Those saws can sure get you first, with just one quick misstep.
WesF
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12FV

Post by WesF »

Bill K wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:08 am Sounds bad enough, in what occured. Sure could have been worse. Have a friend that did simular, but he lost a left hand finger ( first one from the thumb) all the way up to the first joint/knuckle. He thought he was lucky. In some ways both of you and he were. Those saws can sure get you first, with just one quick misstep.
Hi Bill, things like that happen in an instant!
Shoot straight & often.