204um Praire Dog Postal Shoot

Participate in friendly board-wide competitions.
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Re: 204um Praire Dog Postal Shoot

Post by acloco »

Barrel is headspaced. :eek:
YoteSmoker
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varminter

Post by YoteSmoker »

Waldo- Planning to head to the range on Thursday. Are we to shoot 3 or 5 shot groups? Can I shoot a group on the p dog at 100 and another group at 200 on another spot on the p dog and then mark which is which or should I just shoot 100 or 200 yards for simplicity? Thanks for helping out the rookie!
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Post by WrzWaldo »

5 shot groups.

All groups from same distance (on a single target).

WW
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

WrzWaldo...........Thanks .......Got my Pdog 2008 targets I understand the three zones on the pDog. 5 shots in each zone! Tie braker bull..............gets one shot closest to center............yes!
Thanks and later......... Will have them back to you by May 1st
Later
Ray P :wink:
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
ulen mn
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint

Post by ulen mn »

To Whoom this may concern;

I shot my 100 yard target yesterday and boy do I suck :cry: no fear of me being a threat to anyone here :lol: . I have to admit that shooting a tight group with no referance lines was alot harder than I thought it would be so when all is said and done I would like some of you guys to give me some good excuses that I can barrow. :lol:
Rick AKA Ulen MN
NRA Life Member
foxwhistler
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington L.V.S.F

Post by foxwhistler »

I`ve got a few excuses worked out,but as i haven`t shot my target yet,i`m keeping them to myself ;)
I only have to be lucky once,
the fox has to be lucky every time!
josebd2006

Post by josebd2006 »

i sucked to,i dont know if ill send mine in! :(
Vartarg
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 77MkII Target, Remington LVSF

Rude Shock!!!

Post by Vartarg »

I made some color photocopies of the pd targets to go out and practice.....and darn, I discovered that pds don't have grid lines, squares, circles or target dots!!!! I'm from Louisiana....so how was I to know??? :wink:

Sure is different than the targets from last years shoot!!!

George
PEACE-Through Superior Firepower
Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

Finally made it to the range for the first time in months. 70 degrees,No wind and sunny :D . One more test with RE10X behind 39BK's and I'll be good to go. I just hope I don't get too greedy in the flip zone and put one in the white :wall:
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Targets...

Post by WrzWaldo »

Due to some confusion and an unexpected color crayon incident there will be no more targets available for this shoot. I have more paper on order but it won't be here in time and I can't put the colored up stuff through my printer as it will melt the crayon and gum up the works.

Sorry about that. :(

WW
jo191145

Re: Targets...

Post by jo191145 »

WrzWaldo wrote:Due to some confusion and an unexpected color crayon incident there will be no more targets available for this shoot. I have more paper on order but it won't be here in time and I can't put the colored up stuff through my printer as it will melt the crayon and gum up the works.

Sorry about that. :(

WW
WW
If I'm reading your post correctly :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thats precious!!!!
Those will be the memorys that will make you laugh till you cry when they're older.

I sort of forgot these targets needed to be in by the end of April :duh: Nothing new for me, Always late with paperwork,even shooting related.
Hawkeye, oddly enough I shot a ladder with 10x and 39's tonight. I think (hope) 10x is one of a few powders an Audette ladder does not work well on.
I'll try what I think are some of the nodes tomorrow.
Good Luck to All!!! Everyone who tries is a winner in my book!

Savage VLP + NF 12x42 + 35 Bergers = .
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

Thanks......jo191145 .You said it best anyone who gives it a try is a winner. My targets are done, could aways be better, but still learned a lot! Will sending them back to WW this week.
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
foxwhistler
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington L.V.S.F

Post by foxwhistler »

I`m going to be perforating my target in the next few days :assault:.Really wanted to get it done sooner,but bad weather and 3weeks out with a nasty chest infection put a stop to that!
I only have to be lucky once,
the fox has to be lucky every time!
Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

jo191145
I'll be using either 25.1 or 25.3 grains of 10x with the 39's. Last test will be this Saturday and targets will be shot on my day off Monday. With the lousy weather and all the destruction/construction going on around here, time to shoot has been minimal. Oh.. did I mention my tenant falling off the roof :headache: :wall: . I even missed the first round of the 300 yard belly match at my range. Well, that's enough excuses from me. My worst fear is I won't be able to group without gridlines :oops: . We'll give that a try on Saturday also.
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

jo191145

Post by jo191145 »

Mike

I just shot some groups tonight with the 39's and 10X. Didn't work out for me. I tried 24.6, 25.1,25.5 and one more super hot load that I won't bother mentioning in fear you folks send a padded truck after me ;) These are the loads that looked best from my Audette test.
24.6 was the best at .700 @ 200yds. I should be able to do better. The rest were so bad I'll forget I ever saw them. (wish it were that easy)

I've been having some bad accuracy lately. I'm starting to worry its time to order barrel #5. I need to jump back to some known loads and see if this barrel still shoots or what. I don't keep good notes like most reloaders because load development is what I do for fun. No P-Dogs here.
I'd quesstimate 2500+ rds down this barrel. It sure seems fine while cleaning but I'm beginning to worry none the less.

I'd be willing to bet a good sum of money 10X and 39's are working real good for you ;) Its been pretty windy around our neck of the woods lately hasn't it?

:chin: Now that I think about that I'm even more worried :cry:

WW If you do not receive a target back from me you need not wonder why. Thanks for putting on the show though. I hope I get it straightened out in time.

Savage VLP + NF 12x42 + 35 Bergers = .