Will you accept the challenge?

Participate in friendly board-wide competitions.
Bayou City Boy

Re: Will you accept the challenge?

Post by Bayou City Boy »

I apologize if my simple attempt to add a technical note to an issue that was mentioned caused others to react emotionally without thinking beyond the end of their nose. An emotional wrapped reaction complete with accusations was not what I expected when I posted.

And for folks who know me, they will likely telly you I am a competitor, but no one who knows me well has ever suggested or accused me of cheating to win at anything. I've always been able to compete by the rules; well knowing others don't always follow the same path.

As I stated in my first post, I have no intention of shooting anyway, so what decision is/was made is not a concern to me. If a couple of you missed that or just chose to ignore it and be hormonal in your responses, that's not my concern either. Nor would it have been a concern of mine if I had chosen to shoot. I again just tried to add a technical comparison if there was going to be a concern on the part of others that would force a decision to be made. It sounds like the question solved itself.

Enjoy your shoot....

-BCB
walleyeman
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 American

Post by walleyeman »

WrzWaldo wrote:Awesome!

Thanks for moving forward with this Skipper!

Great to see you back online. We all were wondering what happened to you. Hope all is well with you and look forward to your expertise once again!
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

204um Challenge Statistics
So far we have twenty two shooters and 30 rifles entered in the competition. Several members are shooting multiple 204s. Here’s how it breaks down.

Black Rifle Class: 2 Rifles :assault: Surely there are more HDR owners out there ready for some competition.

Factory Rifle/Factory Ammo Class: 2 Rifles :camper: New member, new 204 Ruger owner? This class was custom made for you to get in on the fun.

Factory Rifle Class: 19 Rifles :shotgun: Here’s where the real competition is. Have fun!!!!!! Anyone else?

Factory Custom Class: 5 Rifles :007: Is this the class that will take the Overall Winner position?

Custom Class: 2 Rifles :reddot: Where's all the Benchrest shooters?

To register PM skipper with mailing address, number of rifles and what class they will shoot in.
Cadeuses
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington Model Seven Predator

Post by Cadeuses »

Count me in. This looks like a fun challenge. I'll be shooting in Factory/Factory. Cheers.
Last edited by Cadeuses on Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cadeuses

Remington Model Seven Predator in .204 Ruger

204Shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77II Ultralight

Post by 204Shooter »

skipper wrote: Custom Class: 2 Rifles :reddot: Where's all the Benchrest shooters?
If someone will buy me a custom rifle, I will enter it!!! I PROMISE!! :D :eek: :lol: :wtg: :lmao: :devil:
Marriage is the only sport where the trapped animal has to buy the license! ... Just kiddin honey! :hail:
Verminator2
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS 24" stainless fluted.

Post by Verminator2 »

Who else is in the Black Rifle?
Bomb Squad: If you see me running, try and keep up
foxwhistler
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington L.V.S.F

Post by foxwhistler »

Wish i could enter this time,but i am way too busy with work this time of year.
Just one question though out of interest.
Would you be allowed to enter the Factory rifle/factory ammo,and the factory rifle class with the same rifle.
Or is it just me not being very bright.
I only have to be lucky once,
the fox has to be lucky every time!
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

foxwhistler wrote:Wish i could enter this time,but i am way too busy with work this time of year.
Just one question though out of interest.
Would you be allowed to enter the Factory rifle/factory ammo,and the factory rifle class with the same rifle.
Or is it just me not being very bright.

Just have to pay the entry fee.....twice. :) :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:
scootertrash

Post by scootertrash »

skipper wrote: Custom Class: 2 Rifles :reddot: Where's all the Benchrest shooters?
You're joking right? :wink:
Wanna do PPC's next? :lol:
Factory Custom
greystone
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Post by greystone »

19 rifles in the class that I entered :eek: If 18 of you guys dropped out I might stand a chance :D
cracker

Post by cracker »

Bayou city boy
I for one did not know I called you a cheat if you took it that way I will apologize. I do not want to change this post or this shoot into a bit chin match. I just don’t think that the good people here that work hard at putting this on need to have everyone trying to change the rules at the last minute. As far as seeing past my nose I prefer to look at 100 yards and beyond. I did not try to ruffle feathers but would like for everyone to enjoy the shoot if I offended you or anyone else again I apologize. I would like to apologize to anyone that took my post the wrong way and will drop it at this time. I simply stated if you don’t like the rules pick up your marbles and go play in a different playground. I would like to meet you sometime shake your hand and have a cold one over this misunderstanding. This is the last post I will make on this shoot and wish everyone the best of luck and str8 shooting to all
Sportingly
Cracker.
Sportingly
cracker
skipper

Post by skipper »

My hat is off to all those that put themselves on the line by participating in this shoot. I have been very competitive in my life and fully understand the rush you get while actively competing. No drug can duplicate the feeling. The butterflies and cold sweats as crowds of people watch your every move. There's nothing like it. If you can't relate to what I just said, sign up for this shoot and try it. The pressure will grow as you get closer to the day you shoot for score. Some people can handle the pressure and some can't. People who watch from the sideline will never understand.

Good Luck, to ALL. (Can I buy you that cup of coffee?)
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

:l33t: I'll take a double monk-a-dunk-a-frap-a-chino-la-te-espresso DECAF. I have special beans for match days.Our weekly off hand shoot is NOT caffeine friendly.
I opened up a fresh lot of match bullets and found this. A super hollow point. If the bullet would hold together it would make pudding out of skippy :twisted:
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Post by Hotshot »

Must be those special bullets Skipper made you for the shoot. Go ahead and use it, that whole box is magic.
skipper

Post by skipper »

I stuffed about thirty envelopes with about fifty targets last night. They will hit the post office today. Some of you may have your targets by this weekend. Better check the weather report.

There are still plenty of targets left. Drop me a PM and get yourself registered. I'm getting excited already. I thought I'de share a few case prep pics.

Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em