204um Challenge News

Participate in friendly board-wide competitions.
Hawkeye Joe

Re: 204um Challenge News

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

The other eye is harder to hit :hic:
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

Got some more targets in today's mail. Let me just remind everyone that the deadline is October 1st. Your envelope must be postmarked by the post office by October 1st. Some of the Postal stores will take your envelope and give you a receipt that shows what day they received it. ONE PROBLEM though, they aren't the post office and they do not put an official Postmark on your mail.

Please, be warned. You might have the winning target but fail to get it postmarked in time. Beware that these postal stores are just private stores that will take your mail and get it to the official Post Office. If it's not postmarked by the government (Canada, US) post office it isn't official.

Did I say that enough times??? :loco: What was the name of that show where the guy said "Do you hear the words that are coming out of my mouth"? Was that The Master of Disguise?
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
WaltherP99
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 VLP

Post by WaltherP99 »

skipper wrote:
Did I say that enough times??? :loco: What was the name of that show where the guy said "Do you hear the words that are coming out of my mouth"? Was that The Master of Disguise?
Wasn't it the movie "Rush Hour"? Or was there an actual show that I am just to young to know existed? :lol:

My target will be in the mail Friday! And I can honestly say that I WILL NOT be winning.....
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

It was Rush Hour 1. That line was in the car right after Chris (??) picked up Jackie Chan at the airport I believe.

Hey Skipper!! That post looks like it may have a hidden meaning in there somewhere. :lol: But durned if I can find it!! :shrug:

:lol: :lol: :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
skipper

Post by skipper »

Please, take a look at the target below. This group is representative of what you will have to beat to win this contest, REGARDLESS OF CLASS. It seams that everyone is having a tough time with their groups this shoot. If you haven't turned your targets in yet, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? This competition is still wide open. Just put together three groups like the one below and you have a chance to pull this off. One group will not win the match. You will have to hold it together for three. That's the Challenge.

Wednesday is October 1st. That still leaves this weekend and a few more days to get out and shoot. Check the weather and see which day is best for you to hit the range. Bribe your boss or just take a day off and get out there.

Nice shooting Hotshot!
jo191145

Post by jo191145 »

I'll be shooting my target Monday I quess. Thats the only day the weather forcast is not calling for drenching rain before the deadline. I'm glad you used a glossy paper Skipper or my target would probably drip off the backerboard.
It would have been nice to shoot the few rds left over from the eggshoot and perhaps come up with an improvement but as with all paperwork I'm behind schedule.
Good Luck Shooters.

Savage VLP + NF 12x42 + 35 Bergers = .
Cadeuses
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington Model Seven Predator

Post by Cadeuses »

Well the deed is done, and if I don't say so myself... I'm a sure winner for first in FACTORY/FACTORY! (that's first in last place of course). Regardless it was a fun shoot. Skipper, you are to be commended for organizing and carrying this fun event off. I thank you sir!

I will mail the target out Monday. Cheers.
Cadeuses

Remington Model Seven Predator in .204 Ruger

jo191145

Post by jo191145 »

Well it stopped raining at 1pm so by 2pm I was outside and shootin. Nope did'nt bring THE target just shot up some leftovers and a few with a little tighter neck tension. I was pleased today. Lets see what tomorrow brings. I have twenty loaded and ready to go. Should be some breaks in the rain tomorrow.

WaltherP99
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 VLP

Post by WaltherP99 »

Target was mailed back yesterday!
Robert harrel
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 77 m ll,cooper mod21, rem 700,savage12 fvb,savage lrpv

Post by Robert harrel »

i shot my targets friday and got them in the mail yesterday
i dont think any of my groups came close ro the pic skipper showed us
If not for my forgetful nature remembering things would be no problem at all.
skipper

Post by skipper »

I just opened this envelope. Both Group 1 and the Tie Breaker came from the same target. Things are getting a little more interesting now.

The inside diameter of the center ring is ~1/4 in. No coffee this morning!

jo191145

Post by jo191145 »

Well I shot my target today, early morning just after the fog cleared. Should have waited the sun came out later. I hate weathermen.
Yesterday when I shot in these less then perfect conditions I did quite well. Todays shooting was worse. Not terrible but worse.
What changed? My rear bag coupled with free recoil is my excuse.
It was still in the back of my truck under the Tonneau cover yesterday. I noticed it was quite damp from the two days of rain. Stuck it in the micro on low for ten minutes :lol: Never did that before but it sure warmed my trigger finger on the way to the range. Gun shot real good.

I have a large Tupperware container on my range where all my essentials usually reside. I left it there overnight while the rain continued. Maybe I'm wrong but I think the humidity now on/in the leather added almost two tenths of an inch to my groups. Note to self: buy bag wax.

I made my own front rest bag from felt. It slides wet or dry. Maybe instead of bag wax I'll just buy more felt.

The target above looks like Hawkeye up to his old tricks. Congrats to whomever.

204Shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77II Ultralight

Post by 204Shooter »

After seeing these targets, this just makes me sick! Y'all could have shot a little bad just to make me feel better you know!!! Shouldn't even bother sending in my target. :oops: But oh well, I will anyway. :D

Hey, can't we have a prize for the "biggest looser"? :shock:
Marriage is the only sport where the trapped animal has to buy the license! ... Just kiddin honey! :hail:
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

My targets were mail out this morning! From some of the posted targets............I should have studied harder! :wall:
Thanks Skipper for your time and effort put in to the postal shoot.
Hope all is well in Houston.
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
OldTurtle
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage mod. 116 and Custom .204 AR

Post by OldTurtle »

Well, I finally got down the the Busch Wildlife Shooting Range this morning after a really frustrating try last week..

Had to dial in my old scope for the Savage in factory class and was popping rounds in a timely manner (they have a 3 second between shots rule).

The rain let up a little and things were going fine... Then the lightning started and they closed the firing line until it let up...

When they restarted, it was with the warning that they would probably be shutting down early due to the lightning monitor going off and I had to really pump the rounds down range.... My barrel heated up really badly and the groups spoke for themselves...

Fortunately, My AR target had already been shot and while not 'world class' like some of you guys,,, it was good for me..

Skipper, a big Thanks for putting this on and I wish we could repay you for the supplies and time....but I read your last denial.... so be it.. but Thanks again..
AR
Factory/Factory