The 204um Challenge Winner's Circle

Participate in friendly board-wide competitions.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

The 204um Challenge Winner's Circle

Post by skipper »

The winners will be announced tonight at 8 PM Central Time. Let's flood the board.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
cracker

Re: The 204um Challenge Winner's Circle

Post by cracker »

I will be here waiting to see how far from the top I will be last year i was second from the bottom and this year I shot worst. Oh well next year I can maybe move up.
Cracker
Sportingly
cracker
skipper

Post by skipper »

I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed hosting the 2008 204um Challenge. I plan to make this an annual event. All of the competitors have displayed an honor worthy of membership in this fine forum. It has been my pleasure serving you and I hope you had as much fun as I did. Even my wife and kids got involved with critiquing targets.

I wanted to give credit to Brian, 204Shooter, the administrator of this board. We have all the fun socializing and sharing information about this fine cartridge. He takes care of all the work behind the scenes without so much as a peep. My hat is off to you, Brian. You even managed to come in fourth overall with a factory rifle. Nice Shooting! Let’s not forget the work WrzWaldo (Kevin) does with his events. I can see what he goes through. Hosting a shoot has to be a labor of love, there’s no other way you could do this again and again.

By 8:30 PM, I will post all the particulars. If you did not return a target I didn’t post your name. No harm, no foul. Ike really got me distracted from this competition for a while and I understand not being able to follow through. If anyone wants to see pictures of targets, I have some of every target returned to me.

Let me say this about how I scored because you all probably measured your targets before you mailed them to me. I used On Target to measure all groups. Then I used my calipers to re-measure the majority of groups until I was satisfied that On Target was giving me the right measurement. Even with On Target, I could measure each group three times and come up with three different measurements. The difference was always in the thousandths column and usually was held to plus or minus .005. In all cases where there was the possibility of a mistake I used an average of three measurements. I was lucky that none of the overall winner’s aggregates were close enough to have to resort to the tie breaker. If you measured your groups and they were larger or smaller than what I measured, I will be glad to post pictures of your groups and let the forum decide if I made a mistake or not. I’m sure you will see, by the amount I blew up these scans, that I was pretty much on the money.

skipper

Post by skipper »

Regardless of class, here are the aggregate averages.

Hawkeye Joe - 0.234
jo191145 - 0.315
KVW - 0.365
204Shooter - 0.413
scootertrash - 0.424
skipper - 0.47
bronksandwhiskey - 0.476
Steve V - 0.478
Hotshot - 0.486
Rambler - 0.585
Robert Harrel - 0.592
Robert Harrel - 0.593
Hozz57 - 0.606
OldTurtle - 0.651
Keith in Ga - 0.657
Keith in Ga - 0.677
jdfranzen - 0.682
Ray P - 0.698
Cracker - 0.731
love2shoot - 0.771
WaltherP99 - 0.78
Robert Harrel - 0.792
Hotshot - 0.802
Verminator2 - 0.845
greystone - 0.852
Steve V - 0.89
Walleyeman - 0.9
Cracker - 0.906
acloco - 0.909
happy shooter - 0.915
acloco - 0.94
Hawkeye Joe - 0.997
SpentPrimer - 1.029
Joker - 1.073
happy shooter - 1.084
Ray P - 1.101
OldTurtle - 1.385
BabaOriley - 1.486
Hozz57 - 3.436
BabaOriley
.204 Ruger Guns: Dtech AR

Congratulations everyone!

Post by BabaOriley »

Very nice shooting!

And thanks to Skipper for setting it up!

You guys make it look so easy. I see I have alot of work to do.

Anxious for next time! Are you going to start holding these once a month now Skipper? :wink:
204Shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77II Ultralight

Post by 204Shooter »

Ahh... You're too nice! Actually, I give you a lot of credit for finding anything positive with my target! :eek: :shock: :lol:

Congrats to all of you! I knew I would be shooting against very stiff competition and I was right!

No offense because I am sure you all would be great company. But I'm not sure I would want to go shooting pasture poodles with any of you because there wouldn't be anything left for me to shoot at! :lol:

Again, congrats and thanks for participating. And a special thanks to Skipper for all the hard work staging this event!!! It was a lot of fun!

:chin: Hmm... Now what do I need for next year... new scope... new target rifle instead of my little Ultralight... new spotting scope........
Marriage is the only sport where the trapped animal has to buy the license! ... Just kiddin honey! :hail:
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Most excellent post & contest Skipper!! Ya did good & jo191145 pushed Hawkeye purdy good on this one. :wink:

Congratulations to all that entered & to Brian for that .413 score!! Heckuva score for Factory Class Buddy!! Way to go!! :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
WaltherP99
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 VLP

Post by WaltherP99 »

Agreed! GREAT job to all those who participated! I had alot of fun with this and hope to take part in another sometime soon.

Thanx again Skipper for a great shoot and thanx for your time! Ya did an AWESOME job with everything. A+++
SpentPrimer
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12FV

Post by SpentPrimer »

Skipper
I hope this is not a double post. Thanks for an excellent contest. I am happy with my results. I had a good group started - and then I fired my second shot. On the up side I received an early Christmas present from my wife of 40 years, a new Savage Model 12FV to replace the used NEF Handi-Rifle I used in this match.
Excellent shooting to all considering the varied weather conditions in the areas these targets were exposed to.
Again, thanks for an excellent contest.

Spent Primer
I would gladly pay as I go, if I could only catch up with where I have been.
skipper

Post by skipper »

If the winners will PM me their email address I'll send you a copy of the official event icons. Just post them on Photobucket and copy the link below your signature. This way we will be able to know who the winners were.

I will send the questionnaire to the winners of each class and the three overall winners. It covers three critical areas of the competition, the rifle, the ammo and the bench technique. Spend a little time composing your response. I'll help if you like. We really want to know what you did that might help us give you some competition next year. Thanks, for revealing your secrets in advance. We won't tell anyone. :roll:

To all you who sent me money. Many thanks. It really wasn't necessary, but I appreciate it all the same.
Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

Congrats to everybody and thanks for putting on the shoot Skipper. I'm just glad I was able to keep the wheels on this time, They kinda fell off in the P-dog shoot :oops: . I still want a rematch with that fury little rodent :evil: .. Looks like us eastern paper punchers had the edge this time. Not sure how we'd fair in the field though :eew: . Hope to find out someday...SOON!
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

scootertrash

Post by scootertrash »

Thanks for everything Skipper.

Whew, low .2's. That's approaching benchrest quality. My hearty congrats to all who participated. Good showing indeed.

Mike
Factory Custom
OldTurtle
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage mod. 116 and Custom .204 AR

Post by OldTurtle »

Skipper, I want to add my thanks for hosting, monitoring, scoring, and keeping everyone updated on the match. I can only imagine how much work and time was involved on your part, and to add a hurricane on top of that in the middle.

I'm really surprised to have come out anywhere near the top in any category, as I know there are much better shooters on this board and it must have been that the winds were just in my favor a little more.

Again, Thanks.... and thanks to all that participated and keep this forum going in a great direction.
AR
Factory/Factory
skipper

Post by skipper »

The Winning Groups
Hawkeye Joe

Second Place
jo191145

Third Place
KVW

Putting Things in Perspective
This is what they look like without much magnification.
A .204 Ruger makes a really small hole.

Robert harrel
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 77 m ll,cooper mod21, rem 700,savage12 fvb,savage lrpv

Post by Robert harrel »

congrat to all the winners :D
and thanks Skipper
i realy thought my groups would be a lot farther down the score board :lol:

Robert
If not for my forgetful nature remembering things would be no problem at all.