**COYOTE POSTAL SHOOT SIGNUP**

Participate in friendly board-wide competitions.
CV32

Re: **COYOTE POSTAL SHOOT SIGNUP**

Post by CV32 »

Count me in. PM on the way.
The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving. - Ulysses S. Grant (1822-85)
tarbabi

Post by tarbabi »

I'm in.
OldTurtle
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage mod. 116 and Custom .204 AR

Post by OldTurtle »

Got my targets yesterday and they look really nice.... Can't wait to start putting holes in them... :D
AR
Factory/Factory
igoman
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12

Post by igoman »

I'm in..
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Got mine!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
OldTurtle

Post by OldTurtle »

Talk about disappointment !!! I grabbed 100 rounds of my favorite load for my AR, set up the targets on backing boards, loaded my little shooting stool and sticks in the car and headed to the range (20 min drive) and checked the '0' on the scope....adjusted a couple of clicks for "dead on", tied out the 'wind ribbons'..... It was 72 degrees, sun was great, and the south breeze running 3-7mph (toward the targets)....Perfect Conditions !!

I had forgotten that the benches/shooting line is all concrete and there is a barrier that a shooter is not to cross when the range is hot.... My sticks had nothing to grab onto and kept sliding out from under my rifle... I even pulled a piece of carpeting out of the car, but that wouldn't work either...

So now I will have to fabricate another set of sticks with rubber feet and try again next week..... I just love it when a plan goes awry... :wall:
AR
Factory/Factory
cracker

Post by cracker »

Old Turtle
Glad you like the targets, thanks for the make them bigger suggestion on making them a little bigger. I had some issues with kinkos and they printed them the wrong size and on the wrong paper. hope they work well. I will get the targets out to the last 3 who signed up and then the door is closed for this shoot. hope every one enjoys this shoot and I am sure it will be very challenging for all.
Sportingly
Cracker.
Sportingly
cracker
hozz57

Post by hozz57 »

Cracker,
I received my tagets last week but I got 2 of them. One has smaller targets and they dont fill the paper as much as the bigger set of pictures does. Which one is the real target :chin: :?: :chin:

Old Turtle, I have an old moving blanket that I use for my shooting sticks at the range. It's one of those quilted kind and works well with my sticks. I like to practice with them the way I would in the field. Believe me, I need the practice. :lol:
The more I learn, the more I see how much I have to learn!
OldTurtle

Post by OldTurtle »

Hozz57, Thanks for the tip.. I have one packed away somewhere, but I've already located some fiberglass marking rods that will work with some rubber feet on them..
AR
Factory/Factory
cracker

Post by cracker »

hozz57
Kinkos messed up when they printed the targets we will be scoring the target with the bigger coyotes. I sent the smaller ones as practice targets if you can put a hole in all the coyots one the smaller target the bigger one will be a breeze.
Cracker
Sportingly
cracker
BabaOriley
.204 Ruger Guns: Dtech AR

Post by BabaOriley »

WOW. That target is quite a challenge!

MOA is not going to be good enough on these targets. Yesterday, myself and a few others went to the range, and I took 4 color photocopies of the coyote target along. They were copies of the small target, so I guess they were a little tougher, but not that much. We had a heck of a time. I shot my .204, and 2 friends shot 22WMR's, another had a 17HMR. We shot off the hood of a pickup. They used a bag and I used a bipod.

Are you scoring a hit on any part of the coyote, like the leg? If you count any hit on the dog I scored on the top 5 dogs, maybe got one in the next line down, and it was downhill from there. We figured we could have scored better loading up one shotgun cartridge with 20 bb's. Those dogs are hard to see even at 16x, let alone 9x my friends were using.

I think I have some more load development to do before I can shoot my actual target, but had fun trying them out!

Look forward to seeing some of these targets!

Good luck everyone!
OldTurtle

Post by OldTurtle »

This one is certainly not going to be any "cake walk"....I had printed off a couple before the real ones were sent out and even from a bench,,, they are tough..

That prompted my comment about the "Hail Mary" shots before...
AR
Factory/Factory
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Sure looks like I'm gonna have some competition for last place!! :lol:

BTW-- I'm using my coyote loads instead of my groundhog loads. Should make it even harder for me. :lol:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
BabaOriley
.204 Ruger Guns: Dtech AR

Post by BabaOriley »

The horror...

I guess considering the LARGEST coyote on this target is probably 1/6 scale, at 100 yards it's like hitting a full size coyote at 600 yards. I'm actually OK with my results so far. (Until I see all the guys that hit 15 or more!)

I found shot 13. Just missed the dog in the same position on another guy's target just next to mine.
cracker

Post by cracker »

baba
Thanks for sharing your target. I for one would have to say thats some fine shooting. I cant wait to try these targets out I have not had one to the range with me yet and hope to try it this weekend.
Cracker
Sportingly
cracker