POSTAL SHOOT DETAILS - BEGINNING STAGES - **IDEAS WELCOME**

Participate in friendly board-wide competitions.
BabaOriley
.204 Ruger Guns: Dtech AR

Re: POSTAL SHOOT DETAILS - BEGINNING STAGES - **IDEAS WELCOME**

Post by BabaOriley »

OldTurtle wrote:Personally, I like the target with the multiple potentials rather than one bulls eye....While any wind can play havoc with individual scores, it would certainly be easier to score and count the shots..... Those "100" counts do look awfully small though.. :lol:
Yeah I'm thinking the polka-dot target may be the way to go. The tiny 100's are for those guys with the 42 power scopes. 16x is the highest setting I have, and they'll be difficult to see.

It seems like the ones turning in the tightest groups back in '08 were the ones with 20x and higher scopes. Hence my addition of the 200 and 300 yard targets. I thought that was the range most guys bought these rifles for. They say 100 is no challenge on rodents. Well, here's your challenge.

Would anybody like to require that the scope is capable of a setting of 6x or lower? This would limit most to 20x on the top end, except for those Bushnell 6500's with the 4-30x zoom. I bet that would eliminate a lot of rifles from the competition, but then there aren't too many signed up yet anyway... We could also set a max zoom setting of 20x on anything but the 300 yard targets. Kind of difficult to enforce in this type of thing.

Thanks OT, and keep the feedback coming. More will sign up if it's fair and looks worth their while. Keep in mind, if you wait until 15 have entered a given class before suggesting a change, it's hard to change something after so many have already signed up.
broncsandwhiskey
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage modle 12 LRPV

Post by broncsandwhiskey »

I have to agree with Oldturtle on the multiple target. I don't think the 100 score dots are to small, it's just part of the challenge. Ride Up!!!

P.S. As far as the scope power setting goes, you could set it for the 100 yd targets but then let the unlimited classes go wild with there outlawed Savage LRPVs' :lol: But I think if we load this down with to many rules that we are taking away the spirit of the game and that is shooting. If your a bench rest shooter or just an average Jo sage rat killer like me, this lets all play on the same play ground. Just a thought and I hope this didn't make anybody upset. Ride Up!!!
RIDE UP!!!
Savage LRPV .204 With a Burris 6.5x20 Mill Dot
And alot of other savage rat killers
BabaOriley

Post by BabaOriley »

broncsandwhiskey wrote:P.S. As far as the scope power setting goes, you could set it for the 100 yd targets but then let the unlimited classes go wild...
So you think a 20x max scope setting at 100?

I guess the LRPV would be fine with me at 100 too, at a 2x scope setting. :lmao:
broncsandwhiskey
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage modle 12 LRPV

Post by broncsandwhiskey »

Yes 20x max would be just fine at 100 yards by me. But like I said this just my opinion. I think the rest of it is great as far as I can see. :D I'll do the 2x setting on my LRPV at 100yd but you have to do the same at 300yd :twisted: ;) Ride Up!!!
RIDE UP!!!
Savage LRPV .204 With a Burris 6.5x20 Mill Dot
And alot of other savage rat killers
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Post by Hotshot »

I think LRPV's should compete with iron sights. Dang thing would probably win anyway.
Quoddy
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Montana Varminter

Post by Quoddy »

Just curious... since my only .204 is a Cooper, are they considered production for the Postal Shoot?
Cooper Montana Varminter (.204 Ruger) with Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44 (Ballistic Turret/Plex reticule)
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Post by Hotshot »

Any class if you use iron sights too.
BabaOriley

Post by BabaOriley »

Quoddy wrote:Just curious... since my only .204 is a Cooper, are they considered production for the Postal Shoot?
Yes, we'll call Coopers factory. RIO said something about donating one for each winner of classes 1-3. Sign up for those!

Kidding! Bring on the Coopers. :lol:
BabaOriley

Post by BabaOriley »

Added 20x max zoom rule on all 100 yard classes.