Postal shoot cancelled.

Participate in friendly board-wide competitions.
BabaOriley
.204 Ruger Guns: Dtech AR

Postal shoot cancelled.

Post by BabaOriley »

With the deadline for initial registrations passing Monday, and only 9 entrants signed up for the most popular class, I'm going to have to call this shoot a bust. There may be many reasons why so few of you chose to participate, but I tried to accommodate every request for changes or ideas I was given to make it better.

Honestly, I'm a bit surprised, and disappointed that so many on here who talk about 1/4" groups at 100 yards, and 1" groups at 300 yards, some even posting pictures of half inch groups, are unwilling to put up or shut up when it comes to doing it when it counts, for as little as $3. I thought more in this group would be willing to chance looking "average", like most of us. If you want to shoot the target you can download the .pdf file by clicking here. It should print on any 8 1/2x11" paper without needing resizing to fit. I was going to mail out watermarked targets to stop counterfeit targets from being submitted. With this one, you can download, and print it as many times as you want, and shoot it until you get a group you like. Have fun!

Thank you, and I'm sorry to those who had entered already. I was looking forward to it.
greystone
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Re: Postal shoot cancelled.

Post by greystone »

I'm really sorry to hear this but I guess I'm not too surprised noticing how little response there was to the postal shoot thread. I just finished loading up some more rounds for it tonight. It was worth a try and you really did put together a challenging and fun contest. Something for everyone. Anyhow THANKS for the effort! It would have been fun. Dave
6.5swede
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700

Post by 6.5swede »

Bummer!!! Guess I'll just have to wait to see how bad I shoot compared to everyone else!! Thank you for all the time and thought and effort you put into it!!
Larry

Real rifles have wood stocks!!

Savage 93 .17HMR, 3-9 BDC
Remington 700 SPS .204 Ruger, 6-24 Mildot
Remington 788 22-250 Leopold FX12

Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Sorry to hear this Baba. I thought you had a good one lined up too. I don't shoot 1/2" groups at 100 yards all day long so I don't enter these contests. I know when to just set back & watch. :lol:

I thought there was a lot more interest in this one too. :huh:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
broncsandwhiskey
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage modle 12 LRPV

Post by broncsandwhiskey »

Well Baba I thought you had a good shoot and a great way of presenting it. I do have to agree with you on everything you say. I was really looking forward to shooting in this one. I hope that we can get a shoot in this year. Thanks for all that you did and good shooting. Ride Up!!!
RIDE UP!!!
Savage LRPV .204 With a Burris 6.5x20 Mill Dot
And alot of other savage rat killers
WaltherP99
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 VLP

Post by WaltherP99 »

Well, I will thank you for your time and effort and I will also apologize due to me being one of those who said I would enter and didn't! :depress: To be honest, It slipped my mind. With work here lately and getting married, my mind has been a bit cluttered!

Again, I apologize and if you decide to get this going again, count me in! If not, I will print out one of those targets and shoot it anyway!

Take 'er easy and Thanks again for your time and effort!
M_D
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage

Post by M_D »

Sorry things didn't work out for you guys. I was interested in shooting it, but I noticed something like a restriction on the join date and I didn't qualify.
cracker

Post by cracker »

I for one know your frustration, last year I sent out about 30 targets and I think I got less then 10 back. I for one can not say to much as I had some family matters that kept me from shooting my own targets. Nice try and thanks for all the work you put in
Very Sportingly
Cracker
Sportingly
cracker
OldTurtle
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage mod. 116 and Custom .204 AR

Post by OldTurtle »

Baba, I apologize as well....I had a bunch of medical dates set up and on my mind and forgot as well.... I know you put a lot of work and thought into the project and I just procrastinated.... No excuse... just a reason..
AR
Factory/Factory
bb73
.204 Ruger Guns: remington 700 light varmint

Post by bb73 »

Being a new member, I was really looking forward to your shoot. Thank you for your time and effort. If we don't have members participate, we won't have a place to be called a member! Thank you again for YOUR time! bb
Baja_Traveler
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12BTCSS

Post by Baja_Traveler »

I've been spending so much time over on the silhouette sites that I too missed the due date. The response does not surprise me though - I tried to drum up interest in a postal shoot on a predator hunting board several months ago and got exactly two responses of interest. Maybe later this summer we both can get a better response...
Savage Model 12 BTCSS .204